Posted March 6, 2015
This Week’s News!
BABY SHOWER: Ladies of all ages are invited to come to a baby shower for Hannah Sauder on Monday, March 9, at 7:00pm in Room 118. Hannah is expecting a boy and is registered at Target. Her nursery colors are light blue and green.
CUP OF GRACE: Ladies please come Tuesday, March 17 for a special evening. Come at 6:30pm to help pack homeless bags, then we will hear Rachel Bailey’s story of faith at 7:15. Plan to stay and fellowship afterwards with a “cup of grace” (hot beverage.)
NEW ADULT SUNDAY SCHOOL SERIES:
- CORNERSTONE: Barry Peterson will be leading ”Psalms: The Primer of Godward Expression” exploring several different classifications of psalms in an effort to develop a more meaningful conversation with God. Class meets in Room 112.
- FRAC TALKS: In the Sanctuary, “Prepare To Share” led by Caleb Call will help equip us with practical skills and tools for personal evangelism.
Other Important Information:
1. SERMON PREP: Pastor Dwight will be preaching this week. The title of his sermon is “The Christian’s Relationship to Law” and the text is 1 Corinthians 9:19-23. The read ahead for next week is Romans 14:1-15:7.
2. NURSERY WORKERS STILL NEEDED: Our FRAC nursery has been blessed abundantly with new little ones who need loving care during our Sunday morning Services, especially for this quarter. We’re thankful for the 6 who have signed up to help, but still need at least 4 more adult volunteers. If you can help, please contact Tiffany Shannon at firstname.lastname@example.org
3. NEW COVENANT SCHOOL OF THEOLOGY SPRING SEMESTER: The following classes will be offered beginning this coming Monday, January 12. Information and registration is available at New Covenant School of Theology website. Make a life changing resolution to dig into God’s word this year. You can always visit the first two classes for free.
- Godliness and Spiritual Disciplines. Begins March 23
- Future Things. Begins April 27
4. CROSS TO CROWN MINISTRIES BOOKS: If you’ve noticed the new bookshelf in the corner of the foyer you may be wondering what’s going on. Cross to Crown Ministries has several titles available to help you grow in your faith and become intentionally Christ-obsessed in all things. There are several titles to help you understand New Covenant Theology better as well as books by our own Anne Brown and Linda Graf.
5. FRAC LIBRARY UPDATE: March is Ben & Eric’s month! Stop by to check out some of their favorite titles including: “Conviction to Lead” by Albert Mohler, “The Trellis and The Vine” by Colin Marshall and Tony Payne, “Desiring the Kingdom” by Donald Williams, “The Way of the (Modern) World” by Craig Gay and “The Princess and the Goblin” by George MacDonald.
6. ALLIANCE LIFE: If you’d like to know more about what God is doing around the world through the greater Alliance family, Alliance Life, our denominational magazine, has been informing, inspiring, and challenging generations of Alliance believers since 1882. If you’re a regular attender of our church, this award-winning magazine can be delivered to your home free of charge. Simply call Alliance Service Center at 1.877.284.3262, email your subscription request to email@example.com or visit cmalliance.org/connect and click “Request Subscription.”
7. PRAY FOR ONE ANOTHER: James 5 exhorts us to seek the prayers of others whenever we are weak or suffering. If you are facing a trial, physical or spiritual, and would like prayer to help you endure and overcome, come to the front after the service. Our elders will be there to meet you and would love to encourage you by praying with and for you. You are not alone. “The effective prayer of a righteous man can accomplish much.”
8. BAPTISM: If you would like to follow our Lord in baptism or would just like more information about it, contact Ben Fisk at Ben@frontrangealliance.org.
9. SMALL GROUPS: FRAC small groups get together on a regular basis for fellowship, bible study, and godly interaction. These groups are a great opportunity to practice all the “one another’s” found in the New Testament. If you would like to be part of a small group or just get more information, contact Ben Fisk at Ben@frontrangealliance.org or by calling the office.
10. ADULT SUNDAY SCHOOL CLASSES: If you miss a week, recordings of Cornerstone and FRAC Talks classes are available here on the website Adult Sunday School Recordings
- NEXT FRAC FOUNDATIONS CLASS BEGINS MARCH 1..
- New CORNERSTONE Class Will be taught by Barry Peterson.
- FRAC Talks Caleb Call will be leading the discussions for the month of March.
11. GREETERS NEEDED FOR LIFESTEPS: Kris Walker is looking for help on Saturdays greeting LifeSteps clients as they come to meet with their mentors. If you can spare a few hours on a Saturday please contact her at 570-7216 or at firstname.lastname@example.org. She will be waiting to talk with you Sunday in the foyer next to the LifeSteps baby basket. Stop by and find out about being a greeter, and also find out how you can help by donating needed items for the Baby Boutique.
12. MEN’S ANNOUNCEMENTS:
- Bible Study – Friday, 6:30 a.m., Room 117
- Prayer Meeting – Saturday, 7:30–8:30 a.m., Library
13. WOMEN’S ANNOUNCEMENTS:
- Ladies’ Bible Study – Weekly recordings from the current series, “Faith Under Pressure: The Epistle to the Hebrews” by JoAnn Cairns are available online here. Contact Beth Wahl if you have questions.
- “Cup of Grace” – Ladies, mark your calendars and plan to join a special evening event on March 17. More details will be coming soon.
- “A Gentle & Quiet” Ladies’ Retreat - October 23-25, Estes Park YMCA. Speaker: Shelli Prindle. Registration will open March 15
- “Stories of Faith” - Friday, July 17
- Quilting Group -Do you enjoy quilting, sewing or other hand projects? The quilters meet the 4th Thursday of every month at 7 p.m. For the location and more information, please contact Cori at 719-314-8471 or email@example.com.
14. YOUTH ANNOUNCEMENTS:
- Senior High Bible Study - No bible study meeting this week.
- Wednesday Night Youth - on March 4 any interested youth can meet at the theatre on Powers & Carefree to see “The Dropbox” – the story of one pastor’s effort to save the lives of abandoned babies in S. Korea. Cost is $10. Meet at 6:30, movie begins at 7:00. Contact Dan for more infor.
15. IGNITE: College and Career group. IGNITE meets on Saturdays from 6-9pm, at the Francks. Come at 6pm for food, fellowship, and fun.Contact Tyler Curtis at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
16. VENTURERS: Venturers, a Bible study for Senior Adults, normally meets on Thursday mornings from 9-10:30 a.m., in Room 112. Contact Martha Ramage at email@example.com for more info.
17. SONS: Usually meets the 4th Saturday of each month at 7:30 a.m. in Room 112. More information can be found here.
18. AMAZON SMILE: Would you like to help support FRAC as you make your purchases on Amazon? We have set up an Amazon Smile account that will donate a portion of your purchase amounts to our church. Go to smile.amazon.com and log in with your regular Amazon account login. Be sure to change the charity you are supporting to Front Range Alliance Church!
19. INFO CHANGES: If you change your address, phone number, or email, please update your information in MemberHub.