Posted December 12, 2014
1. SERMON PREP: Pastor Doug Goodin will begin a series of Advent sermons this week. His sermon is titled, “I Have Come to Seek and Save” and the text is Luke 19:10. The read ahead for next week is Luke 12:49.
2. CHRISTMAS IS COMING! If you are participating in the choir or the children’s program, don’t forget these rehearsal times:
- CHRISTMAS EVE CHILDREN’S PROGRAM: Practices are Sunday mornings at 8:30 in the youth room. Dress rehearsal will be December 20th at 10:30 am.
- CHRISTMAS CHOIR: The final rehearsal is this Saturday, December 13th from 9-11am.
3. CHRISTMAS EVE SERVICE: Our Christmas Eve Service begins at 7:00pm. Plan to bring your Christmas guests and celebrate the birth of our Savior.
4. HELP NEEDED DECEMBER 26: We are in need of some helping hands from 10am-1pm on Friday, Dec. 26 to take down Christmas decorations, clear the stage, and clean the church in preparation of the Stout-Siebert wedding on December 27. Please RSVP to email@example.com
5. SUNDAY SCHOOL BREAK: We will have no regular Sunday School classes on December 28th. Kaleo Coffee will be open at 9:00am.
6. YEAR END GIVING OPPORTUNITIES: There are many ways to bless others financially at the end of the year.
- C&MA Year End Offering: The C&MA Great Commission Fund helps send missionaries to some of the world’s most spiritually desolate places in 13 different countries. Each year they take a special “Year-End” offering to help help Alliance missionaries around the world. You can give by marking your checks for “CMA Year End”
- FRAC Missionaries: We support 7 missionaries serving in various parts of the world who have gone out from our FRAC body. To give them a special year end Christmas gift mark your checks “FRAC Missionaries.”
- Cross to Crown Ministries: A brother ministry to us who has published books and resources written by those in our own body. You can support this ministry promote biblical teaching and training for church leaders, and the spread of the gospel worldwide by donating online here.
- Life Network: A sister ministry that is saving lives and discipling others serving here in our own building. You can help them minister to more young mothers by donating online here.
7. C&MA STAMP MINISTRY: As you open your Christmas cards this year, remember to save the stamp for the C&MA to help spread the message of the gospel around the world. They have raised over $800,000 since they started to help fund the printing of gospel materials sent worldwide. They cannot accept metered or pre-printed postage, and as you save your stamps please cut them leaving a border on all 4 sides. You can learn more about this ministry from a video here. There is a collection box on the table in the hall next to the foyer boxes.
8. PRAY FOR ONE ANOTHER: James 5 exhorts us to seek the prayers of others whenever we are weak or suffering. If you are facing a trial, physical or spiritual, and would like prayer to help you endure and overcome, come to the front after the service. Our elders will be there to meet you and would love to encourage you by praying with and for you. You are not alone. “The effective prayer of a righteous man can accomplish much.”
9. CHURCH OFFICE CLOSED: The church office will be closed from December 25-January 5th.
10. BAPTISM: If you would like to follow our Lord in baptism or would just like more information about it, contact Ben Fisk at Ben@frontrangealliance.org.
11. SMALL GROUPS: FRAC small groups get together on a regular basis for fellowship, bible study, and godly interaction. These groups are a great opportunity to practice all the “one another’s” found in the New Testament. If you would like to be part of a small group or just get more information, contact Ben Fisk at Ben@frontrangealliance.org or by calling the office.
12. ADULT SUNDAY SCHOOL CLASSES: If you miss a week, recordings of Cornerstone and FRAC Talks classes are available here on the website Adult Sunday School Recordings
- New CORNERSTONE Class Began December 7th and is taught by Ed Giesbrecht. The title of this 12 week series is ““Populating Heaven With Sincere Worshippers”
13. CAMERA OPERATORS NEEDED: We will now be recording the weekly sermons in HD for higher quality, and are in need of additional camera operators for Sunday Mornings. If you would like to help the A/V Ministry this way, please contact Ben Fisk at Ben@frontrangealliance.org
14. LIFESTEPS BASKET – You’ll notice a new table in the foyer with a basket to collect your donations for the Lifesteps Baby Boutique. Bless the families coming to LifeSteps by donating supplies for the Baby Boutique. Right now they have a great need for size 2 girls clothes. They can also always use regular sized baby shampoo, baby lotion and baby powder, and Desitin.
15. MEN’S ANNOUNCEMENTS:
- Bible Study – Friday, 6:30 a.m., Room 117
- Prayer Meeting – Saturday, 7:30–8:30 a.m., Library
16. WOMEN’S ANNOUNCEMENTS:
- Ladies’ Bible Study – The next Ladies’ Bible Study will begin on January 13 and will be a study in the book of Hebrews.
- Quilting Group - Do you enjoy quilting, sewing or other hand projects? The quilters meet the 4th Thursday of every month at 7 p.m. For the location and more information, please contact Cori at 719-314-8471 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
17. YOUTH ANNOUNCEMENTS:
- Senior High Bible Study - No more meetings this year, will resume in 2015.
- Wednesday Night Youth -No Wednesday night youth group meetings until 2015.
- Senior High Christmas Party - December 21, 5:00pm at Grafs.
- Senior High Winter Retreat – January 16-18
18. ROOM FOR RENT: Jennifer Swift is looking for a woman in her 20s to take over her lease from December through March. It’s a four bedroom house on Dublin and Austin Bluffs for $400 a month. There are three other girls and a dog living there now. Please contact Jennifer at 719-233-2167 if you are interested or want more information.
19. IGNITE: College and Career group. IGNITE meets on Saturdays from 6-9pm, at the Francks. Come at 6pm for food, fellowship, and fun.Contact Tyler Curtis at email@example.com for more information.
20. VENTURERS: Venturers, a Bible study for Senior Adults, normally meets on Thursday mornings from 9-10:30 a.m., in Room 112. Contact Martha Ramage at firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.
21. SONS: Usually meets the 4th Saturday of each month at 7:30 a.m. in Room 112. More information can be found here.
22. AMAZON SMILE: Would you like to help support FRAC as you make your purchases on Amazon? We have set up an Amazon Smile account that will donate a portion of your purchase amounts to our church. Go to smile.amazon.com and log in with your regular Amazon account login. Be sure to change the charity you are supporting to Front Range Alliance Church!
23. INFO CHANGES: If you change your address, phone number, or email, please update your information in MemberHub.