Posted January 23, 2015
This Week’s News!
SIGNUP FOR THE MISSIONS BANQUET: It’s time for our Annual Missions Conference, so save the dates February 20-22 on your calendar. David Strong and his wife, Doris will be joining us. As a Regional Consultant, David now oversees CAMA’s work in Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos, Thailand, Myanmar, China, Papua Indonesia, and Mongolia. CAMA is the relief and development branch of The Alliance. One of the highlights of the weekend is the time we get to spend with the missionaries at the FRAC Missions Banquet. It will be Friday, February 20 at 6:00. In order to make sure we have enough food we need you to please sign up as soon as possible. Missions Banquet Signup Link.
Romantic Valentine’s Dinner for 2 After fantastic reviews last year and with gourmet food and candlelight, the FRAC Valentine Day’s Dinner for 2 will be a romantic evening out, and with for a good cause. The Youth will be hosting this special annual event to raise funds for Eagle Lake on Location-Change 25! again this year. Space is limited so you will need to make your reservation right away online here.
Need for Electric Clothes Dryer: Did you know that FRAC has washer & dryer hookups? A large capacity washer was recently donated to FRAC and if we had a dryer it would be a huge help with all cleaning up after special events. If you have or know of one that may be just sitting around looking for a new home, please contact Ben Fisk at email@example.com
Ladies – Save the Dates! Mark your calendars and start planning now for these upcoming events. More details will be coming soon.
- “Cup of Grace” - Tuesday, March 17
- “Stories of Faith” - Friday, July 17
- “A Quiet & Gentle Spirit” Ladies’ Retreat - October 23-25, Estes Park YMCA. Speaker: Shelli Prindle. Registration will open March 15
Other Important Information:
1. SERMON PREP: Pastor Douglas Goodin will return to his study of Romans, “God’s Righteousness Revealed.” His sermon is titled, “The Thinking Behind True Unity” and the text will be Romans 12:16. Read ahead for next week is Romans 12:17-21/
2. BABY SHOWER FOR RACHEL MCQUILLIN: Monday, February 9 at 7:00pm in room 118. Rachel is expecting a boy and the nursery colors are sage and tan. She is registered online at: babyli.st/baby-mcquillin
3. NURSERY WORKERS STILL NEEDED: Our FRAC nursery has been blessed abundantly with new little ones who need loving care during our Sunday morning Services, especially for this quarter. We’re thankful for the 6 who have signed up to help, but still need at least 4 more adult volunteers. If you can help, please contact Tiffany Shannon at firstname.lastname@example.org
4. MEN DON’T RETREAT! Men’s ADVANCE is coming on March 6-8. Dan Brown and Dari Moreno will be teaching on “Living Gospel Empowered Lives.” Signup now at the Welcome Center. Cost is $140, but the Early Bird price of $120 is available until January 25. Contact Scott Shannon or Caleb Baker for more information.
5. NEW COVENANT SCHOOL OF THEOLOGY SPRING SEMESTER: The following classes will be offered beginning this coming Monday, January 12. Information and registration is available at New Covenant School of Theology website. Make a life changing resolution to dig into God’s word this year. You can always visit the first two classes for free.
- Pastoral Epistles, Church Leadership. Begins January 12
- Old Testament Historical Narratives. Begins February 23
- Godliness and Spiritual Disciplines. Begins March 23
- Future Things. Begins April 27
6. FRAC LIBRARY UPDATE: If you haven’t visited our library yet, now is a good time! We have added several titles from Cross to Crown Publishing and a section on New Covenant Theology. If you’d like to read some of Doug’s favorite books, stop by and borrow one to ready during your holiday break.
7. PRAY FOR ONE ANOTHER: James 5 exhorts us to seek the prayers of others whenever we are weak or suffering. If you are facing a trial, physical or spiritual, and would like prayer to help you endure and overcome, come to the front after the service. Our elders will be there to meet you and would love to encourage you by praying with and for you. You are not alone. “The effective prayer of a righteous man can accomplish much.”
8. BAPTISM: If you would like to follow our Lord in baptism or would just like more information about it, contact Ben Fisk at Ben@frontrangealliance.org.
9. SMALL GROUPS: FRAC small groups get together on a regular basis for fellowship, bible study, and godly interaction. These groups are a great opportunity to practice all the “one another’s” found in the New Testament. If you would like to be part of a small group or just get more information, contact Ben Fisk at Ben@frontrangealliance.org or by calling the office.
10. ADULT SUNDAY SCHOOL CLASSES: If you miss a week, recordings of Cornerstone and FRAC Talks classes are available here on the website Adult Sunday School Recordings
- New CORNERSTONE Class Began December 7th and is taught by Ed Giesbrecht. The title of this 12 week series is ““Populating Heaven With Sincere Worshippers”
- FRAC Talks is being led by Troy McLaughlin in a series titled ““Lion Taming, Fire Breathing, and The Real Greatest Show on Earth”
11. CAMERA OPERATORS NEEDED: We will now be recording the weekly sermons in HD for higher quality, and are in need of additional camera operators for Sunday Mornings. If you would like to help the A/V Ministry this way, please contact Ben Fisk at Ben@frontrangealliance.org
12. GREETERS NEEDED FOR LIFESTEPS: Kris Walker is looking for help on Saturdays greeting LifeSteps clients as they come to meet with their mentors. If you can spare a few hours on a Saturday please contact her at 570-7216 or at email@example.com. She will be waiting to talk with you Sunday in the foyer next to the LifeSteps baby basket. Stop by and find out about being a greeter, and also find out how you can help by donating needed items for the Baby Boutique.
13. MEN’S ANNOUNCEMENTS:
- Men’s ADVANCE – March 6-8
- Bible Study – Friday, 6:30 a.m., Room 117
- Prayer Meeting – Saturday, 7:30–8:30 a.m., Library
14. WOMEN’S ANNOUNCEMENTS:
- Ladies’ Bible Study - “Faith Under Pressure: The Epistle to the Hebrews” by JoAnn Cairns begins January 13 and meets Tuesday mornings at 9:00am and Wednesday evenings at 6:30pm. Childcare and children’s classes on “Heroes of the Faith” are available on Tuesday mornings. Signup and pick up your study guide in the foyer. Contact Beth Wahl if you have questions.
- “Cup of Grace” – Ladies, mark your calendars and plan to join a special evening event on March 17. More details will be coming soon.
- Quilting Group -Do you enjoy quilting, sewing or other hand projects? The quilters meet the 4th Thursday of every month at 7 p.m. For the location and more information, please contact Cori at 719-314-8471 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
15. YOUTH ANNOUNCEMENTS:
- Senior High Bible Study - No Sr. High Study this week.
- Wednesday Night Youth - Weekly at 6:30pm in the Youth Room (Room 212)
16. IGNITE: College and Career group. IGNITE meets on Saturdays from 6-9pm, at the Francks. Come at 6pm for food, fellowship, and fun.Contact Tyler Curtis at email@example.com for more information.
17. VENTURERS: Venturers, a Bible study for Senior Adults, normally meets on Thursday mornings from 9-10:30 a.m., in Room 112. Contact Martha Ramage at firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.
18. SONS: Usually meets the 4th Saturday of each month at 7:30 a.m. in Room 112. More information can be found here.
19. AMAZON SMILE: Would you like to help support FRAC as you make your purchases on Amazon? We have set up an Amazon Smile account that will donate a portion of your purchase amounts to our church. Go to smile.amazon.com and log in with your regular Amazon account login. Be sure to change the charity you are supporting to Front Range Alliance Church!
20. INFO CHANGES: If you change your address, phone number, or email, please update your information in MemberHub.