Posted October 9, 2015
This Week’s News!
Open House for Chris and Sarah Baker: We are planning an Open House for Chris and Sarah Baker for people at FRAC to be able to hear more about their upcoming term of service in Laos. The open house will be at the Jarretts’ house; 2581 Integrity Court; to be held on Saturday, October 17th from 2:30pm to 5:00pm. The Bakers will give a short presentation around 3:30pm. All are welcome, but please RSVP by Wednesday, October 14th to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We Need Candy! The Fall Festival is just around the corner, so don’t forget to invite your friends and neighbors to be a part of the fun on October 31st! Last year we had over 500 people come through the doors, so we need LOTS of candy. If you would be willing to donate a bag or two (or three) of “fun-sized” candy to this years’ Fall Festival, please bring it by the church office during the week or drop it at the Welcome Center on Sunday. Thanks for your help!
Great Pumpkin Chase: On November 6th, the Youth Group will be having their annual Great Pumpkin Chase! This event takes the junior high and high schoolers all over the city for a fun and exciting scavenger hunt ending with a party at the final destination. If you are a high school or junior high student interested in participating or you are interested in volunteering for this event you can email Dan Brown at email@example.com.
1. SERMON PREP: Doug Goodin will be preaching this Sunday, October 11th, on I Corinthians 1:1-31, Christ Is Our Only Boast. The read ahead is I Corinthians 2:1-16.
2. SUNDAY SCHOOL 8:45 AM:
- Cornerstone Class, Kingdom Rewards for the Faithful Believer, in Room 112
- God’s Design for Parenting Class, in the Sanctuary.
3. A NOTE TO PARENTS: Please remember to pick up your children from Children’s Church and the Nursery promptly after the service. We love our teachers and volunteers and want to be sure we are respectful of their time and willingness to serve. Thank you!
4. NEWCOMERS’ LUNCHEON: This Sunday, October 11, right after the service. Please encourage any visitors that you meet to attend this free luncheon so they can learn more about FRAC. No RSVP is necessary.
5. FALL FESTIVAL: The FRAC Fall Festival will be on October 31st from 5:00-8:00 PM. Please feel free to invite your friends and neighbors to bring their children to this free outreach event. There will be bounce houses, games, crafts, face-painting and lots of candy for the kids. If you would like to be a booth leader or volunteer, please contact Bobbie Farrar at firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. LIBRARY NEWS: The Fall is here and its time to start reading again… The library has recently added nearly 30 books to the “FICTION” section… Books by Ted Decker, Lori Wick, Gilbert Morris, Paul Maier, and Julie Klassen… with more coming soon… so come and see… we may have just the book you’ve been wanting to read…
7. NEW JOB OPPORTUNITY: The Christian and Missionary Alliance (C&MA) is seeking an experienced senior Web developer. This is a full time, onsite position located at the National Office of the C&MA in Colorado Springs. The senior Web developer is under the general direction of the Web Applications director and is responsible for designing and developing various Web-based, browser-based applications. In the performance of his/her responsibilities, this position supports the overall mission of the C&MA. See the attached link: http://www.cmalliance.org/jobs/national-office/employment/senior-web-developer-national-office-co/
8. LIVING ROOM SET NEEDED: If anyone has a living room set, specifically a couch, that they would be willing to donate to a member of our congregation, please let Amy Boyden know at email@example.com.
9. WASHING MACHINE NEEDED: A church family is in need of a washing machine. If you have one available, please contact the church office.
10. NURSERY HELP NEEDED: As the Nursery continues to grow, so does the need for volunteers! There is need for Sunday School volunteers, main service volunteers, and Nursery supervisors as well. Contact Tiffany Shannon at firstname.lastname@example.org to volunteer.
11. FRAC BOXES: A great way to receive information about the happenings at FRAC is through the FRAC Boxes located to the right of the main sanctuary doors. If you currently have a box, make sure you check and empty it regularly. If you do not have a box but would like one, please contact Amy at email@example.com.
12. CHILDREN’S CHURCH NEEDS YOU: We are still in need of one teacher and six volunteers for Children’s Church! If you have a heart for children and a love of telling stories, this could be the perfect fit for you. As a teacher or volunteer, everything is provided for you to facilitate story time, snack time, and craft time in an effective and efficient manner. Please contact Chris Kirschman at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are willing to help!
13. PRAY FOR ONE ANOTHER: James 5 exhorts us to seek the prayers of others whenever we are weak or suffering. If you are facing a trial, physical or spiritual, and would like prayer to help you endure and overcome, come to the front after the service. Our elders will be there to meet you and would love to encourage you by praying with and for you. You are not alone. “The effective prayer of a righteous man can accomplish much.”
14. SMALL GROUPS: FRAC small groups get together on a regular basis for fellowship, bible study, and godly interaction. These groups are a great opportunity to practice all the “one anothers” found in the New Testament. If you would like to be part of a small group or just get more information, contact Ben Fisk at Ben@frontrangealliance.org or by calling the office.
15. ADULT SUNDAY SCHOOL CLASSES: Classes begin promptly at 8:45 am. If you missed a week from this past spring, recordings of Cornerstone and FRAC Talks classes are available here on the website Adult Sunday School Recordings.
16. GREETERS NEEDED FOR LIFESTEPS: Kris Walker is looking for help on Saturdays greeting LifeSteps clients as they come to meet with their mentors. If you can spare a few hours on a Saturday, please contact her at 570-7216 or at email@example.com. She will be waiting to talk with you Sunday in the foyer next to the LifeSteps baby basket. Stop by and find out about being a greeter, and also find out how you can help by donating needed items for the Baby Boutique. Currently needed items include:
- Gently used maternity clothes
- Milk-based formula
- Size 3 diapers
- 18-24-month baby clothes
17. MEN’S ANNOUNCEMENTS:
- Bible Study – Men’s Bible Study meets Fridays at 6:30m in the Library. Contact Rich Walker at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Prayer Meeting – Saturday, 7:30–8:30 a.m., Library
18. WOMEN’S ANNOUNCEMENTS:
- Ladies Bible Study: The 11-week Ladies Bible Study on 1 Timothy meets on Tuesdays at 9:00am and Wednesday at 6:30 pm. The studies are available for purchase for $15. If you need a scholarship, please let Beth Wahl or Pam Shannon know as we do not want cost to prohibit you from attending the study. Sign up at the Welcome Center or email Beth Wahl at email@example.com.
- “A Gentle and Quiet Spirit” Women’s Retreat - Plan now to attend the Fall Women’s Retreat at the Estes Park YMCA of the Rockies. Along with beautiful surroundings, you’ll be blessed by speaker Shelli Prindle as we focus on “a gentle and quiet spirit.” You can save your space now with a $25 deposit and get more information at the Welcome Center. We can now take your payment by credit card as well as cash or check.
- Quilting Group -Do you enjoy quilting, sewing, or other hand projects? The quilters meet the 4th Thursday of every month at 7 p.m. For the location and more information, please contact Cori at 719-314-8471 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Ladies’ Bible Study Needs Your Help! Tuesday morning Ladies’ Bible Study needs help ASAP. They are looking for 2 nursery workers for the next 6 weeks to serve from 8:50-11:15am. If you are available or have questions, please email Beth Wahl at email@example.com.
19. YOUTH ANNOUNCEMENTS:
- Youth Group (Junior High and High School) meets every Wednesday night at 6:30 at the church in Room 212.
20. IGNITE: College and Career group. IGNITE meets on Saturdays from 6-9pm at the Francks, during the school year. Contact Marcie Little at firstname.lastname@example.org.
21. VENTURERS: Venturers, a Bible study for Senior Adults, normally meets on Thursday mornings from 9-10:30 a.m., in Room 112. Contact Martha Ramage at email@example.com for more info.
22. SONS: Usually meets the 4th Saturday of each month at 7:30 a.m. in Room 112. More information can be found here.
23. AMAZON SMILE: Would you like to help support FRAC as you make your purchases on Amazon? We have set up an Amazon Smile account that will donate a portion of your purchase amounts to our church. Go to smile.amazon.com and log in with your regular Amazon account login. Be sure to change the charity you are supporting to Front Range Alliance Church.
24. INFO CHANGES: If you change your address, phone number, or email, please update your information in MemberHub.