Posted April 24, 2015
This Week’s News!
Retreat Discount Ends Sunday! Early Bird registration for Women’s Retreat ends this Sunday, April 26. Sign up and save $10.00 on the cost of a wonderful weekend of fellowship, worship, and teaching.
Want to Study Revelation? The next NCST class Future Things begins this Monday, April 27. Dwight Brown will be covering eschatology – things which are yet future for believers, the church, and the world as we now know it. Register here. As always, the first two classes are free. Additionally, if you bring a friend* to class, your class could be free. (*Friend has to have never previously attended an NCST class and must pay for their class in full.)
Summer Sunday School: Once again, adult summer classes will be discussion-led book studies. Linda Graf will lead a class on her book, Bitter Truth. Alicia Reeves will be discussing Pursue the Intentional Life by Jean Fleming. And Keith Gaylor will lead the discussion on Radical by David Platt. Bitter Truth is available to purchase in the church office. The others can be found locally at Mardel, Family Christian, Focus on the Family, and the Glen Eyrie bookstore. And all are available on Amazon. Please sign up here to let us know which group you’ll be attending – and buy your book today!
Other Important Information:
1. SERMON PREP: Pastor Dan will be preaching this week. The title of his sermon is “Jesus-Centered, Worshipful Obedience” and the text is Ephesians 4:17-5:2. The Read Ahead for next Sunday is Romans 15:7-13.
2. NURSERY WORKERS STILL NEEDED: Our FRAC nursery has been blessed abundantly with new little ones who need loving care during our Sunday morning services, especially for this quarter. We’re thankful for the 6 who have signed up to help, but still need at least 4 more adult volunteers. If you can help, please contact Tiffany Shannon at firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. NEW COVENANT SCHOOL OF THEOLOGY SPRING SEMESTER: Information and registration is available at the New Covenant School of Theology website. Make a life changing resolution to dig into God’s Word this year. You can always visit the first two classes for free.
- Future Things – Class begins April 27
4. FRAC LIBRARY UPDATE: April features Beth’s favorites, including Pursue the Intentional Life by Jean Fleming, The Freedom of Self Forgetfulness by Tim Keller, Trusting in His Goodness:A Woman’s Guide to Knowing God’s Purpose by Mimi Wilson and Shelly Cook Volkhardt, The Holy Wild: Trusting in the Character of God by Mark Buchanan, and A Praying Life by Paul Miller.
5. MEXICO MISSION TRIP: Mark June 6-13 on your calendars and consider joining the team this year as they travel to Juarez, Mexico to minister with Pastor Tomas. If you’d like more information and an application packet, sign up here or contact Bob Miller. You can also partner with those going by donating to the “Mexico Equipment Fund” for the team to purchase supplies they will take down with them, or by helping someone else go by donating to the “Mexico Scholarship Fund.”
6. HOST HOMES NEEDED: AXIS is in need of 5 host homes for their team members coming here to train this next year. Teams of 2 will need housing from July 2015-May 2016. If you have space available and would like to help, contact Amy Boyden.
7. VEHICLE NEEDED: A family in our church is in need of a reliable but inexpensively priced additional vehicle because of their growing family. If you have or know of such a vehicle, please notify the church office.
8. PRAY FOR ONE ANOTHER: James 5 exhorts us to seek the prayers of others whenever we are weak or suffering. If you are facing a trial, physical or spiritual, and would like prayer to help you endure and overcome, come to the front after the service. Our elders will be there to meet you and would love to encourage you by praying with and for you. You are not alone. “The effective prayer of a righteous man can accomplish much.”
9. SMALL GROUPS: FRAC small groups get together on a regular basis for fellowship, bible study, and godly interaction. These groups are a great opportunity to practice all the “one anothers” found in the New Testament. If you would like to be part of a small group or just get more information, contact Ben Fisk at Ben@frontrangealliance.org or by calling the office.
10. ADULT SUNDAY SCHOOL CLASSES: Classes begin promptly at 8:45am. If you miss a week, recordings of Cornerstone and FRAC Talks classes are available here on the website Adult Sunday School Recordings.
- CORNERSTONE Class – “Psalms: The Primer of Godward Expression” is taught by Barry Peterson in Room 112.
- FRAC Talks - Ben Fisk is teaching a series entitled “Running the Race” that will go through April 26. May 3-24 will be Eric Smith’s series on “Decisions: The Good, The Bad, & The Ugly.”
- SUMMER SCHEDULE: There will be no adult Sunday School on May 31, but Children’s Classes will be as usual. In June, we will begin the Summer Book Studies again, more details coming soon. There will be no Sunday School Classes at all the last 3 Sundays in August.
11. GREETERS NEEDED FOR LIFESTEPS: Kris Walker is looking for help on Saturdays greeting LifeSteps clients as they come to meet with their mentors. If you can spare a few hours on a Saturday, please contact her at 570-7216 or at email@example.com. She will be waiting to talk with you Sunday in the foyer next to the LifeSteps baby basket. Stop by and find out about being a greeter, and also find out how you can help by donating needed items for the Baby Boutique. Currently needed items include:
- Gently used maternity clothes
- Milk-based formula
- Size 3 diapers
- 18-24-month baby clothes
12. MEN’S ANNOUNCEMENTS:
- Bible Study – Friday, 6:30 a.m., Room 117
- Prayer Meeting – Saturday, 7:30–8:30 a.m., Library
13. WOMEN’S ANNOUNCEMENTS:
- “A Gentle and Quiet Spirit” Women’s Retreat - Plan now to attend the Fall Women’s Retreat at the Estes Park YMCA of the Rockies. Along with beautiful surroundings, you’ll be blessed by speaker Shelli Prindle as we focus on “a gentle and quiet spirit.” You can save your space now with a $25 deposit and get more information at the Welcome Center. We can now take your payment by credit card as well as cash or check.
- Parking Lot Potluck Picnic - Wednesday, July 15 – Save the date, more details to come.
- Quilting Group -Do you enjoy quilting, sewing, or other hand projects? The quilters meet the 4th Thursday of every month at 7 p.m. For the location and more information, please contact Cori at 719-314-8471 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
14. YOUTH ANNOUNCEMENTS:
- Class of 2015: Sr. High graduates will be recognized on Sunday, May 24, during the morning service. Please contact Dan if you have questions or would like your senior to participate.
- Senior High Bible Study - Sunday, May 3, will be hosted at the Fitch home, 4614 Pascal Court, Colorado Springs, 80920.
15. IGNITE: College and Career group. IGNITE meets on Saturdays from 6-9pm at the Francks. Come for food, fellowship, and fun. Contact Tyler Curtis at email@example.com for more information.
16. VENTURERS: Venturers, a Bible study for Senior Adults, normally meets on Thursday mornings from 9-10:30 a.m., in Room 112. Contact Martha Ramage at firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.
17. SONS: Usually meets the 4th Saturday of each month at 7:30 a.m. in Room 112. More information can be found here.
18. AMAZON SMILE: Would you like to help support FRAC as you make your purchases on Amazon? We have set up an Amazon Smile account that will donate a portion of your purchase amounts to our church. Go to smile.amazon.com and log in with your regular Amazon account login. Be sure to change the charity you are supporting to Front Range Alliance Church.
19. INFO CHANGES: If you change your address, phone number, or email, please update your information in MemberHub.