Posted March 27, 2015
This Week’s News!
CELEBRATE EASTER! Join us for our Good Friday Serivce next week at 7:00pm. Easter Morning begins with our annual breakfast at 8:30am, then an Easter Worship Service at 10:10am. All are welcome, and you do not need to RSVP for breakfast There will be no Sunday School classes this week. This is a great opportunity to invite a friend to hear the Good News.
BREAKFAST IN THE FOYER: The youth will be holding a bake sale to benefit the Eagle Lake On Location Scholarship Fund on Sunday mornings in the foyer. Stop by for a snack. All proceeds go towards helping an unchurched youth attend the camp this summer.
NOTE FROM OUR LIBRARIAN: Jeff Brodsky, our new Librarian, would like to thank everyone for their support and encouragement as he entered this new role. Also, he would like to remind you that if you have any FRAC library books at home that you’ve finished, now is a great time to return them! The featured books in April will be Beth’s favorites, including, Pursue the Intentional Life by Jean Fleming, The Freedom of Self Forgetfulness by Tim Keller, Trusting in His Goodness:A Woman’s Guide to Knowing God’s Purpose by Mimi Wilson and Shelly Cook Volkhardt, The Holy Wild: Trusting in the Character of God by Mark Buchanan, and A Praying Life by Paul Miller.
CLASS OF 2015: If you are graduating from high school this year, or are the parent of someone who is, we need to know if you’d like to participate in this year’s graduation recognition ceremony. Please let Dan know, or contact the office by next Friday, April 3 to be included in this event.
CHILDREN’S CHURCH HELP NEEDED: The Children’s Church Ministry needs 1 more teacher and some additional helpers in order to continue this ministry for our young families. If you can help please contact Chris or Betty Kirschman at 776-9892.
Other Important Information:
1. SERMON PREP: Pastor Doug will be preaching this week. The title of his sermon is “Missions, A Partnership in the Gospel” and the text is Philippians 1:3-7. There is no read ahead for next week.
2. NURSERY WORKERS STILL NEEDED: Our FRAC nursery has been blessed abundantly with new little ones who need loving care during our Sunday morning Services, especially for this quarter. We’re thankful for the 6 who have signed up to help, but still need at least 4 more adult volunteers. If you can help, please contact Tiffany Shannon at firstname.lastname@example.org
3. NEW COVENANT SCHOOL OF THEOLOGY SPRING SEMESTER: Information and registration is available at New Covenant School of Theology website. Make a life changing resolution to dig into God’s word this year. You can always visit the first two classes for free.
- Future Things. Begins April 27
4. FRAC LIBRARY UPDATE: April will be Beth’s favorites, including, Pursue the Intentional Life by Jean Fleming, The Freedom of Self Forgetfulness by Tim Keller, Trusting in His Goodness:A Woman’s Guide to Knowing God’s Purpose by Mimi Wilson and Shelly Cook Volkhardt, The Holy Wild: Trusting in the Character of God by Mark Buchanan, and A Praying Life by Paul Miller
5. MEXICO MISSION TRIP: Mark June 6-13 on your calendars and consider joining the team this year as they travel to Juarez, Mexico to minister with Pastor Tomas. If you’d like more information and an application packet, signup here or contact Bob Miller.
6. HOST HOMES NEEDED: AXIS is in need of 5 host homes for their team members coming here to train this next year. Teams of 2 will need housing from July 2015-May 2016. If you have space available and would like to help, contact Amy Boyden.
7. VEHICLE NEEDED: A family in our church is in need of a reliable but inexpensively priced additional vehicle because of their growing family. If you have or know of such a vehicle please notify the church office.
8. JOB OPENING: The C&MA National Office currently has a full-time, exempt opening for a financial accountant . This position will work out of our Colorado Springs National Office. If you have any questions, please feel free to call or email Jan Peacock at email@example.com. Thank you any referrals you can make!
9. PRAY FOR ONE ANOTHER: James 5 exhorts us to seek the prayers of others whenever we are weak or suffering. If you are facing a trial, physical or spiritual, and would like prayer to help you endure and overcome, come to the front after the service. Our elders will be there to meet you and would love to encourage you by praying with and for you. You are not alone. “The effective prayer of a righteous man can accomplish much.”
10. BAPTISM: If you would like to follow our Lord in baptism or would just like more information about it, contact Ben Fisk at Ben@frontrangealliance.org.
11. SMALL GROUPS: FRAC small groups get together on a regular basis for fellowship, bible study, and godly interaction. These groups are a great opportunity to practice all the “one another’s” found in the New Testament. If you would like to be part of a small group or just get more information, contact Ben Fisk at Ben@frontrangealliance.org or by calling the office.
12. ADULT SUNDAY SCHOOL CLASSES: Classes begin promptly at 8:45am. If you miss a week, recordings of Cornerstone and FRAC Talks classes are available here on the website Adult Sunday School Recordings
- New CORNERSTONE Class Beginning March 15, “Psalms:The Primer of Godward Expression” will be taught by Barry Peterson in Room 112.
- FRAC Talks Also beginning March 15, Caleb Call will be leading the discussions on the topic “Prepare To Share” in the Sanctuary.
13. GREETERS NEEDED FOR LIFESTEPS: Kris Walker is looking for help on Saturdays greeting LifeSteps clients as they come to meet with their mentors. If you can spare a few hours on a Saturday please contact her at 570-7216 or at firstname.lastname@example.org. She will be waiting to talk with you Sunday in the foyer next to the LifeSteps baby basket. Stop by and find out about being a greeter, and also find out how you can help by donating needed items for the Baby Boutique.
14. MEN’S ANNOUNCEMENTS:
- Bible Study – Friday, 6:30 a.m., Room 117
- Prayer Meeting – Saturday, 7:30–8:30 a.m., Library
15. WOMEN’S ANNOUNCEMENTS:
- Ladies’ Bible Study – Weekly recordings from the current series, “Faith Under Pressure: The Epistle to the Hebrews” by JoAnn Cairns are available online here. Contact Beth Wahl if you have questions.
- “A Gentle & Quiet” Ladies’ Retreat - Plan now to attend the Fall Women’s Retreat at the Estes Park YMCA of the Rockies. Along with beautiful surroundings, you’ll be blessed by speaker Shelli Prindle as we focus on “a gentle and quiet spirit.” You can save your space now with at $25 deposit and get more information at the Welcome Center. We can now take your payment by credit card as well as cash or check.
- “Stories of Faith” - Friday, July 17
- Quilting Group -Do you enjoy quilting, sewing or other hand projects? The quilters meet the 4th Thursday of every month at 7 p.m. For the location and more information, please contact Cori at 719-314-8471 or email@example.com.
- Baby Shower for Amber Davidson - Ladies, join us on Monday, April 13, at 7:00pm in room 118 to celebrate with the Davidsons as they prepare for the new baby boy.
16. YOUTH ANNOUNCEMENTS:
- Class of 2015: If you are a graduating high school senior, or the parent of one, and you would like to participate in this year’s graduation recognition ceremony, please contact Dan or notify the office by next Friday, April 3 to be included.
- Senior High Bible Study - No bible study meeting this week.
- Wednesday Night Youth - on March 4 any interested youth can meet at the theatre on Powers & Carefree to see “The Dropbox” – the story of one pastor’s effort to save the lives of abandoned babies in S. Korea. Cost is $10. Meet at 6:30, movie begins at 7:00. Contact Dan for more infor.
17. IGNITE: College and Career group. IGNITE meets on Saturdays from 6-9pm, at the Francks. Come at 6pm for food, fellowship, and fun.Contact Tyler Curtis at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
18. VENTURERS: Venturers, a Bible study for Senior Adults, normally meets on Thursday mornings from 9-10:30 a.m., in Room 112. Contact Martha Ramage at email@example.com for more info.
19. SONS: Usually meets the 4th Saturday of each month at 7:30 a.m. in Room 112. More information can be found here.
20. AMAZON SMILE: Would you like to help support FRAC as you make your purchases on Amazon? We have set up an Amazon Smile account that will donate a portion of your purchase amounts to our church. Go to smile.amazon.com and log in with your regular Amazon account login. Be sure to change the charity you are supporting to Front Range Alliance Church!
21. INFO CHANGES: If you change your address, phone number, or email, please update your information in MemberHub.