Posted May 22, 2015
This Week’s News!
Congratulations Class of 2015! We will recognize and celebrate the graduating senior class this Sunday and hear about their upcoming plans for the fall and beyond. Reception and light refreshments immediately following main service.
Summer Sunday School: Don’t forget to sign-up and buy your book for the Summer Book Series! Sunday, May 24th is the last FRAC Talk for the year, and on Sunday May 31st only Cornerstone Classes and Children’s Sunday School will meet. The Summer Book Studies will start the follow Sunday, June 7th.
Host Homes Needed for Eagle Lake On Location: FRAC is in need of families willing to open their home to the Eagle Lake Staff during Eagle Lake On Location at FRAC. The commitment is from Sunday, June 14th through Friday, June 19th. If you are interested in hosting, please contact Dan Brown at email@example.com.
Other Important Information:
1. SERMON PREP: Pastor Doug will be preaching this week. The title of his sermon is “Stable Christianity” and the text is Romans 16:17-27. We will be hearing from Eric Smith on May 31 and June 7.
2. CHILDREN’S CHURCH NEED: Our children’s church is growing and we need some additional teachers and helpers to serve the children at FRAC! We are currently looking for two lead teachers and eight helpers to join the ranks of Children’s Church and be a part of shaping these young people to love and serve Christ. Please contact Chris Kirschman at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are willing to serve!
3. MEXICO FUNDRAISING GOAL REACHED! The goal of $10,000 for equipment for the Mexico Missions Trip has been reached! We currently have $10,175 going to fund equipment for the work the team will be doing in Juarez, Mexico. Praise the Lord for His provision and your faithful generosity! It is too late to sign up for the trip, but you can still help someone else fund their trip by donating to the “Mexico Scholarship Fund”.
4. NURSERY WORKERS STILL NEEDED: Our FRAC nursery has been blessed abundantly with new little ones who need loving care during our Sunday morning services, especially for this quarter. We’re thankful for the 6 who have signed up to help, but still need at least 4 more adult volunteers. If you can help, please contact Tiffany Shannon at email@example.com.
5. FRAC SOFTBALL SEASON IS HERE! No softball this Saturday, May 23 due to Memorial Day Weekend.
6. VEHICLE NEEDED: A family in our church is in need of a reliable but inexpensively priced additional vehicle because of their growing family. If you have or know of such a vehicle, please notify the church office.
7. PRAY FOR ONE ANOTHER: James 5 exhorts us to seek the prayers of others whenever we are weak or suffering. If you are facing a trial, physical or spiritual, and would like prayer to help you endure and overcome, come to the front after the service. Our elders will be there to meet you and would love to encourage you by praying with and for you. You are not alone. “The effective prayer of a righteous man can accomplish much.”
8. SMALL GROUPS: FRAC small groups get together on a regular basis for fellowship, bible study, and godly interaction. These groups are a great opportunity to practice all the “one anothers” found in the New Testament. If you would like to be part of a small group or just get more information, contact Ben Fisk at Ben@frontrangealliance.org or by calling the office.
9. ADULT SUNDAY SCHOOL CLASSES: Classes begin promptly at 8:45am. If you miss a week, recordings of Cornerstone and FRAC Talks classes are available here on the website Adult Sunday School Recordings.
- CORNERSTONE Class – “Psalms: The Primer of Godward Expression” is taught by Barry Peterson in Room 112.
- FRAC Talks – Eric Smith is teaching a series entitled “Decisions: The Good, The Bad, & The Ugly” that will go through May 24 in the main auditorium.
- SUMMER SCHEDULE: There will be no adult Sunday School on May 31, but Children’s Classes will be as usual. In June, we will begin the Summer Book Studies again. There will be no Sunday School Classes at all the last 3 Sundays in August.
10. GREETERS NEEDED FOR LIFESTEPS: Kris Walker is looking for help on Saturdays greeting LifeSteps clients as they come to meet with their mentors. If you can spare a few hours on a Saturday, please contact her at 570-7216 or at firstname.lastname@example.org. She will be waiting to talk with you Sunday in the foyer next to the LifeSteps baby basket. Stop by and find out about being a greeter, and also find out how you can help by donating needed items for the Baby Boutique. Currently needed items include:
- Gently used maternity clothes
- Milk-based formula
- Size 3 diapers
- 18-24-month baby clothes
11. MEN’S ANNOUNCEMENTS:
- Bible Study – Friday, 6:30 a.m., Room 117
- Prayer Meeting – Saturday, 7:30–8:30 a.m., Library
12. WOMEN’S ANNOUNCEMENTS:
- “A Gentle and Quiet Spirit” Women’s Retreat - Plan now to attend the Fall Women’s Retreat at the Estes Park YMCA of the Rockies. Along with beautiful surroundings, you’ll be blessed by speaker Shelli Prindle as we focus on “a gentle and quiet spirit.” You can save your space now with a $25 deposit and get more information at the Welcome Center. We can now take your payment by credit card as well as cash or check.
- Parking Lot Potluck Picnic - Wednesday, July 15 – Save the date, more details to come.
- Quilting Group -Do you enjoy quilting, sewing, or other hand projects? The quilters meet the 4th Thursday of every month at 7 p.m. For the location and more information, please contact Cori at 719-314-8471 or email@example.com.
13. YOUTH ANNOUNCEMENTS:
- Class of 2015: Sr. High graduates will be recognized on Sunday, May 24, during the morning service. Please contact Dan if you have questions or would like your senior to participate.
- June 10th until August 12th, Youth Group will meet Wednesday nights at 6pm at Pinon Valley Park.
14. IGNITE: College and Career group. IGNITE meets on Saturdays from 6-9pm at the Francks. Come for food, fellowship, and fun. Contact Tyler Curtis at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
15. VENTURERS: Venturers, a Bible study for Senior Adults, normally meets on Thursday mornings from 9-10:30 a.m., in Room 112. Contact Martha Ramage at email@example.com for more info.
16. SONS: Usually meets the 4th Saturday of each month at 7:30 a.m. in Room 112. More information can be found here.
17. AMAZON SMILE: Would you like to help support FRAC as you make your purchases on Amazon? We have set up an Amazon Smile account that will donate a portion of your purchase amounts to our church. Go to smile.amazon.com and log in with your regular Amazon account login. Be sure to change the charity you are supporting to Front Range Alliance Church.
18. INFO CHANGES: If you change your address, phone number, or email, please update your information in MemberHub.