Posted July 31st, 2015
This Week’s News!
Sunday School Update:
- August 9th – Last week of the Summer Book Studies.
- August 16th – Special Sunday School hour to hear from the Mexico Team about their trip earlier this summer and from Stephanie Rubesh about their work in Tibet. (No youth or children’s Sunday School- nursery only.)
- August 23rd – Congregational Meeting at 8:45am. (No youth or children’s Sunday School- nursery only)
- August 30th – No Sunday School.
- Regular Sunday School to resume again in September. More information to follow.
Nursery Help Needed: As the Nursery continues to grow, so does the need for volunteers! There is need for Sunday School volunteers, main service volunteers, and Nursery supervisors as well. Contact Tiffany Shannon at email@example.com to volunteer.
NCST Class Starts: Starting Monday, August 10th, Dwight Brown will be teaching the next NCST class on Romans. The class will meet every Monday and Tuesday from 5:30 to 8:30 in Room 116. Please register for the class here.
Other Important Information:
1. SERMON PREP: Pastor Doug Goodin will be preaching this Sunday, August 2nd on Ephesians 5:22-33, I Am the Head of My Wife, and I’m Not Ashamed to Admit It.
2. FINANCIAL UPDATE: Our current financial numbers are $643,828.32 of our budgeted $664,345.00 for the fiscal year. September 1st marks the beginning of the new fiscal year, and with only six weeks left to meet our budgeted financial goals, we ask that you would prayerfully consider giving to the FRAC general fund and contribute to the operating costs of the church. Thank you for your generosity!
3. NEW IN THE LIBRARY: Check out the new books in the Library by Leonard Ravenhill! He is one of the 20th Century’s greatest authorities on revival. Ravenhill gives a no-compromise call to the principles of Biblical revival. The Library now has “America is Too Young to Die”, “Why Revival Tarries”, “Revival God’s Way”, “Sodom Had No Bible”, and “Tried and Transfigured”. Also, if you have ever wanted to learn more (or anything!) about the differences of Calvinism and Arminianism, the Library has two new books on this topic: “The Five Point of Calvinism” by Steel, Thomas, and Quine and “Debating Calvinism” by Dave Hunt and James White.
4. SAVE THE DATE: Sunday, September 13th, after service will be the annual FRAC Family Picnic! Come out to Bear Creek Park for a time of delicious BBQ, games, volleyball, and fellowship. Make sure you mark your calendars now because this is an event you will not want to miss.
5. FRAC BOXES: A great way to receive information about the happenings at FRAC is through the FRAC Boxes located to the right of the main sanctuary doors. If you currently have a box, make sure you check and empty it regularly. If you do not have a box but would like one, please contact Amy at firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. CHILDREN’S CHURCH NEEDS YOU: We are still in need of two teachers and eight volunteers for Children’s Church! If you have a heart for children and a love of telling stories, this could be the perfect fit for you. As a teacher or volunteer, everything is provided for you to facilitate story time, snack time, and craft time in an effective and efficient manner. Please contact Chris Kirschman at email@example.com if you are willing to help!
8. VEHICLE NEEDED: A family in our church is in need of a reliable but inexpensively priced additional vehicle because of their growing family. If you have or know of such a vehicle, please notify the church office.
9. PRAY FOR ONE ANOTHER: James 5 exhorts us to seek the prayers of others whenever we are weak or suffering. If you are facing a trial, physical or spiritual, and would like prayer to help you endure and overcome, come to the front after the service. Our elders will be there to meet you and would love to encourage you by praying with and for you. You are not alone. “The effective prayer of a righteous man can accomplish much.”
10. SMALL GROUPS: FRAC small groups get together on a regular basis for fellowship, bible study, and godly interaction. These groups are a great opportunity to practice all the “one anothers” found in the New Testament. If you would like to be part of a small group or just get more information, contact Ben Fisk at Ben@frontrangealliance.org or by calling the office.
11. ADULT SUNDAY SCHOOL CLASSES: Classes begin promptly at 8:45am. If you missed a week from this past spring, recordings of Cornerstone and FRAC Talks classes are available here on the website Adult Sunday School Recordings.
- SUMMER BOOK STUDIES: Bitter Truth for ladies meets in Room 209. Bitter Truth for men meets in Room 217 (conference room). Pursue the Intentional Life (for ladies) meets in Room 118. Radical (for anyone) meets in Room 112.
12. GREETERS NEEDED FOR LIFESTEPS: Kris Walker is looking for help on Saturdays greeting LifeSteps clients as they come to meet with their mentors. If you can spare a few hours on a Saturday, please contact her at 570-7216 or at firstname.lastname@example.org. She will be waiting to talk with you Sunday in the foyer next to the LifeSteps baby basket. Stop by and find out about being a greeter, and also find out how you can help by donating needed items for the Baby Boutique. Currently needed items include:
- Gently used maternity clothes
- Milk-based formula
- Size 3 diapers
- 18-24-month baby clothes
13. MEN’S ANNOUNCEMENTS:
- Bible Study – Men’s Bible Study meets Fridays at 6:30m in the Library. Contact Rich Walker at email@example.com.
- Prayer Meeting – Saturday, 7:30–8:30 a.m., Library
14. WOMEN’S ANNOUNCEMENTS:
- “A Gentle and Quiet Spirit” Women’s Retreat - Plan now to attend the Fall Women’s Retreat at the Estes Park YMCA of the Rockies. Along with beautiful surroundings, you’ll be blessed by speaker Shelli Prindle as we focus on “a gentle and quiet spirit.” You can save your space now with a $25 deposit and get more information at the Welcome Center. We can now take your payment by credit card as well as cash or check.
- Quilting Group -Do you enjoy quilting, sewing, or other hand projects? The quilters meet the 4th Thursday of every month at 7 p.m. For the location and more information, please contact Cori at 719-314-8471 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
15. YOUTH ANNOUNCEMENTS:
- June 10th until August 12th, Youth Group will meet Wednesday nights at 6pm at Pinon Valley Park.
- Thursday Morning Youth Volleyball: 10:00am-11:30am Thursday mornings at church, optional lunch at Chikfila, pickup 12:45. If it rains, still meet at church and there will be indoor games.
16. IGNITE: College and Career group. IGNITE meets on Saturdays from 6-9pm at the Francks, during the school year. Contact Tyler Curtis at email@example.com for more information about the summer schedule!
17. VENTURERS: Venturers, a Bible study for Senior Adults, normally meets on Thursday mornings from 9-10:30 a.m., in Room 112. Contact Martha Ramage at firstname.lastname@example.org for more info. Venturers will be taking a summer hiatus from June 25th-July 23rd.
18. SONS: Usually meets the 4th Saturday of each month at 7:30 a.m. in Room 112. More information can be found here.
19. AMAZON SMILE: Would you like to help support FRAC as you make your purchases on Amazon? We have set up an Amazon Smile account that will donate a portion of your purchase amounts to our church. Go to smile.amazon.com and log in with your regular Amazon account login. Be sure to change the charity you are supporting to Front Range Alliance Church.
20. INFO CHANGES: If you change your address, phone number, or email, please update your information in MemberHub.