Posted March 7, 2014
1. SERMON PREP: Ed Giesbrecht will be preaching this Sunday. The sermon title is One. Awesome. God. The text is Jude 17-25.
2. CHANGE 25: Things are beginning to ramp up with our Youth fundraising for Change 25. (Change 25: our goal to raise funds to provide at least 25 camp scholarships for unchurched kids for the Eagle Lake On Location day camp that will be held at FRAC June 23-27.) Here are some ways you can be involved:
- Sunday Morning Pastries and Such – Look for the table in the foyer every Sunday for an opportunity to purchase homemade breakfast items and pastries and in support of Change 25.
- FRAC Garage Sale - Save the date of June 7 for the annual FRAC Garage Sale. All proceeds will go toward the funds the Youth are raising for the Change 25 scholarships. Items can be brought to the church for storage in the basement.
3. CORNERSTONE CLASSES WILL NOT MEET THIS SUNDAY, MARCH 16
Classes continuing on March 23:
- The Rest of Life: taught by Bob Franck. This class will run through the end of April. Bob is addressing the importance of rest, which is rooted in the being of God, and the practice of rest. Room 112
- FRAC Foundations: Are you interested in learning more about Front Range Alliance Church? Pastor Doug teaches this five-week class. You will have the opportunity to ask any questions you may have about our church. The dates of the class are March 2, 9, 23, 30 and April 13. Room 209.
4. YOUTH ANNOUNCEMENTS:
- Wednesday Night Youth – 6:30 – 8 p.m., Youth Room
5. IGNITE: College and Career group usually meets every Saturday at 6 p.m (5:30 p.m. for prayer) at the Franck’s home. Ingite retreat is coming up April 4-6. Contact Phil Schreifels at email@example.com for more info.
6. VENTURERS: Venturers, a Bible study for Senior Adults, normally meets on Thursday mornings from 9-10:30 a.m., in Room 216. Contact Martha Ramage at firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.
7. MEN’S ANNOUNCEMENTS:
- Bible Study – Friday, 6:30 a.m., Room 117
- Prayer Meeting – Saturday, 7:30–8:30 a.m., Library
8. WOMEN’S ANNOUNCEMENTS:
- Women’s Bible Study – Our study on 1 Peter concludes Tuesday, March 18.
- Quilting Group - Do you enjoy quilting, sewing or other hand projects? The next meeting will be Thursday, March 27 at 7 p.m. For the location and more information, please contact Cori at 719-314-8471 or email@example.com.
- An Evening with Becky Harling – “This Wasn’t Supposed to Be My Story” (Fri., Apr. 11, 7:00 p.m.) – Becky Harling is the author of 30 Day Praise Challenge; Rewriting Your Emotional Script; Freedom from Performing; Finding Calm in Life’s Chaos. Sign up here and please be praying and asking the Lord who you should invite. Many women have come to know Jesus through Becky’s talks. Suggested donation: $5/person.
9. MEXICO SHORT-TERM MINISTRY OPPORTUNITY: FRAC will be sending a short-term mission team to Ciudad Juarez, Mexico, to help with construction at Bethel Church. The dates of the trip are June 7-14. Applications to be part of this team are due no later than April 13, and are available at the Welcome Center. Team training will begin Tuesday, April 29, at 7:00 p.m., and will continue every Tuesday evening through June 3. For more information, please contact Bob Miller at firstname.lastname@example.org.
10. KALEO COFFEE:
- Be aware that coffee service will close promptly at 9:52 a.m. so you won’t be late to the Worship Service.