Posted November 21, 2014
1. SERMON PREP: Pastor Doug Goodin will be preaching this week continuing his study through the book of Romans. The title for his sermon is “Christians Are A Welcoming Bunch” and the text will be Romans 12:13b. The read ahead for next week is Romans 12:14.
2. THANKSGIVING EVE CELEBRATION: Join us Wednesday, November 26 at 6:00 for a time of corporate thanksgiving for all God’s blessing this past year. We will have Boriello Bros pizza then move to a time of worship. Please signup by this Sunday online here or at the Welcome Center so we know how much pizza to order. $4 per person or $20 max per family.
3. CHRISTMAS IS COMING! And there are opportunities for you and your family to be involved in the celebrations.
- CHRISTMAS EVE CHILDREN’S PROGRAM: “The Innkeeper” a poem by John Piper will be presented, children of all ages are welcome. Rehearsals begin this Sunday at 8:30am in the youth room. Contact Deanna Sanborn for information: Deesanb117@gmail.com or 417-849-8813.
- CHRISTMAS CHOIR: If you like to sing Christmas songs and can carry a tune, signup to join the Christmas Choir. The choir will sing on Sunday, December 14th. There will be 3 rehearsals: Thursdays December 4th and 11th from 6:30-8:00pm and on Saturday, December 13th from 9-11am. If you can attend at least 2 of the rehearsals, signup here or contact Linda Graf.
4. OPERATION CHRISTMAS CHILD SHOEBOXES: This coming Sunday is the last day to drop off your filled shoeboxes at the table in the foyer to be picked up for Samaritan’s Purse.
5. BAPTISM: If you would like to follow our Lord in baptism or would just like more information about it, contact Ben Fisk at Ben@frontrangealliance.org.
6. SMALL GROUPS: FRAC small groups get together on a regular basis for fellowship, bible study, and godly interaction. These groups are a great opportunity to practice all the “one another’s” found in the New Testament. If you would like to be part of a small group or just get more information, contact Ben Fisk at Ben@frontrangealliance.org or by calling the office.
7. ADULT SUNDAY SCHOOL CLASSES: If you miss a week, recordings of Cornerstone and FRAC Talks classes are available here on the website Adult Sunday School Recordings
8. CAMERA OPERATORS NEEDED: We will now be recording the weekly sermons in HD for higher quality, and are in need of additional camera operators for Sunday Mornings. If you would like to help the A/V Ministry this way, please contact Ben Fisk at Ben@frontrangealliance.org
9. LIFESTEPS BASKET – You’ll notice a new table in the foyer with a basket to collect your donations for the Lifesteps Baby Boutique. Bless the families coming to LifeSteps by donating supplies for the Baby Boutique. Right now they have a great need for size 2 girls clothes. They can also always use regular sized baby shampoo, baby lotion and baby powder, and Desitin.
10. MEN’S ANNOUNCEMENTS:
- Bible Study – Friday, 6:30 a.m., Room 117
- Prayer Meeting – Saturday, 7:30–8:30 a.m., Library
11. WOMEN’S ANNOUNCEMENTS:
- Ladies’ Bible Study – Ladies’ come and meet with others to dig into God’s Word on Tuesday morning at 9:30am or Wednesday night at 6:30pm. You are welcome to still join. Information at the Welcome Center.
- Quilting Group - Do you enjoy quilting, sewing or other hand projects? The quilters meet the 4th Thursday of every month at 7 p.m. For the location and more information, please contact Cori at 719-314-8471 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Bridal Shower for Madison Siebert – Monday, December 1, 7:00pm Room 118. Madison and Mikey Stout will be married on December 27. They are registered at Target and Bed, Bath & Beyond.
12. YOUTH ANNOUNCEMENTS:
- Senior High Bible Study - Sunday at 5:00pm at the Goodin’s home.
- Wednesday Night Youth – Youth will be shopping for and packing shoeboxes for Operation Christmas Child this week. Meet at the church as 6:00pm this week.
13. ROOM FOR RENT: Jennifer Swift is looking for a woman in her 20s to take over her lease from December through March. It’s a four bedroom house on Dublin and Austin Bluffs for $400 a month. There are three other girls and a dog living there now. Please contact Jennifer at 719-233-2167 if you are interested or want more information.
14. IGNITE: College and Career group. IGNITE meets on Saturdays from 6-9pm, at the Francks. Come at 6pm for food, fellowship, and fun.Contact Tyler Curtis at email@example.com for more information.
15. VENTURERS: Venturers, a Bible study for Senior Adults, normally meets on Thursday mornings from 9-10:30 a.m., in Room 112. Contact Martha Ramage at firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.
16. SONS: Usually meets the 4th Saturday of each month at 7:30 a.m. in Room 112. More information can be found here.
17. AMAZON SMILE: Would you like to help support FRAC as you make your purchases on Amazon? We have set up an Amazon Smile account that will donate a portion of your purchase amounts to our church. Go to smile.amazon.com and log in with your regular Amazon account login. Be sure to change the charity you are supporting to Front Range Alliance Church!
18. INFO CHANGES: If you change your address, phone number, or email, please update your information in MemberHub.