Posted August 15, 2014
1. SERMON PREP: Pastor Dan Brown will be teaching us now through August. His sermon text for this week will be 1 Thessalonians 5:1-11. The read ahead for next week is 1 Thessalonians 5:12-28.
2. PASTOR DOUG’S RETURN: Pastor Doug is now back from his sabbatical. He will return to the pulpit on Sunday, Sept. 7.
3. NEW SUNDAY SCHEDULE BEGINNING SEPT. 7:
8:00 – Kaleo Opens
8:40 – Kaleo Closes for Sunday School
8:40 – Begin dropping kids off for Sunday School
8:45 – Adult & Children Sunday School Begins
9:15 – Kaleo Re-opens
9:45 – Adult & Children Sunday School Concludes
9:45 – Fellowship Time
10:10 – Service Starts
4. CONGREGATIONAL MEETING: Please plan on attending FRAC’s congregational meeting next Sunday, Aug. 31 at 9:00 am. We will be voting on approval of the budget, as well as deaconess positions.
5. COME JOIN US!: Through August 24, there will a prayer meeting led by Jon Mapstone and Ron Green each Sunday from 8:45-9:30 a.m. in Room 116. Come join us as we lift prayer and praise to our God. No adult or children’s Sunday School classes will be meeting during this time. No sign-up is required for attending the prayer meeting. Kaleo Coffee will open at 8:30 on these mornings. Here is the schedule of what we will pray for during the remaining weeks:
- Aug. 24: Unsaved Family and Friends
Please contact Ron Green at email@example.com if you have questions. You can also submit prayer requests at this email and let him know if you’d like them to be kept anonymous.
6. ANNUAL CHURCH PICNIC: Mark your calendars now for the annual FRAC picnic on Sunday, Sept. 7, after service, at Bear Creek Regional Park. Menu is: choice of sub or meatball sandwich, carrots, applesauce, chips, cookies, ice cream, and soda. Cost: ages 13-adult – $4; ages 4-12 – $2.50; 3 and under – free. Max per family: $20. Sign up here or at the Welcome Center on Sunday.
7. NEW ADULT SUNDAY SCHOOL CLASSES IN THE FALL:
- FRAC Talks: This is our brand new format that will begin with 15-25 minutes of teaching, followed by breaking into smaller “community groups” and discussing what was taught using discussion questions provided by the teacher. Each community group will have a leader and co-leader to help facilitate the discussion. Every 4-6 weeks the main teacher and topic will change, while the community groups will stay the same for the year. Doug Goodin will kick off the first six weeks of FRAC Talks with the topic “Knowing the Unknowable Love of God (Ephesians).”
- Cornerstone: Cornerstone will continue like it has for several years. It is based on a more traditional, lecture style format with a teacher covering a topic in 60 minutes. These teachers typically take a few questions at the end of their lecture. The topic and teacher in Cornerstone will rotate every 2-3 months. Dwight Brown will teach on the subject, “Meant to Be Like Christ.”
Please SIGN UP HERE for the class you plan to attend.
8. MEN’S ANNOUNCEMENTS:
- Bible Study – Friday, 6:30 a.m., Room 117
- Prayer Meeting – Saturday, 7:30–8:30 a.m., Library
9. WOMEN’S ANNOUNCEMENTS:
- Ladies’ Bible Study - We are getting ramped up for another great year of Bible study in the book of Philippians, beginning Sept. 9 & 10. This year the evening Bible study group will meet on Wednesday nights at 6:30. Morning Bible study will remain on Tuesdays at 9 a.m. Books are available now or on the first day of class. (First lesson does not need to be done until the second week of class.) Sign up here or at the Welcome Center!
- Quilting Group - Do you enjoy quilting, sewing or other hand projects? The next meeting will be Thursday, August 28 at 7 p.m. For the location and more information, please contact Cori at 719-314-8471 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Volunteers Needed – Do you love children? Do you have two hours to donate on Tuesday mornings so that young moms may be blessed with time in God’s word? Beth Wahl, Director of Women’s Ministries, is looking for one woman as a volunteer assistant to Christine Dal Solgio in the 3-6 year old class that she will be teaching this year (crafts, Bible stories, memory verses). Beth also needs two volunteers to help in the nursery each Tuesday. Contact her at email@example.com or (719) 332-4044.
- Mark Your Calendars! – Ladies, you will not want to miss our Fall Conference here at FRAC, Oct. 10-11. “Transforming Hope: A Journey from Sin” will be the title of the conference, and will be presented by our very own Linda Graf. Mark your calendars now!
10. YOUTH ANNOUNCEMENTS:
- Wednesday Night Youth – Starting Wednesday, Aug. 20, Wednesday Night Youth is back at FRAC from 6:30-8:15 pm.
- Youth Bible Study – This Sunday, Aug. 17th, at 5 pm at the home of David & Beth Fitch. The Fitchs will be providing spaghetti. Students should bring a side dish.
11. IGNITE: College and Career group. During the summer, Ignite will meet in varied locations for service projects and fun activities. Contact Tyler Curtis at firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.
12. VENTURERS: Venturers, a Bible study for Senior Adults, normally meets on Thursday mornings from 9-10:30 a.m., in Room 112. Contact Martha Ramage at email@example.com for more info.
14. SONS: Usually meets the 4th Saturday of each month at 7:30 a.m. in Room 112. More information can be found here.
15. AMAZON SMILE: Would you like to help support FRAC as you make your purchases on Amazon? We have set up an Amazon Smile account that will donate a portion of your purchase amounts to our church. Go to smile.amazon.com and log in with your regular Amazon account login. Be sure to change the charity you are supporting to Front Range Alliance Church!
16. POSITIONS AVAILABLE: Mercy’s Gate has two positions open. One position is for an office manager. Send inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org. The other is for an accounting coordinator. Send inquiries to email@example.com. Both are part-time positions. Visit their website at www.mercysgatecs.org for more info on their ministry.
17. FRIENDLY FELINE NEEDS NEW HOME: I am moving to a new home that isn’t well-suited for a cat, so Fritz needs a new home. Fritz is a super friendly and playful six year-old orange tabby. He is neutered. He’s a dog trapped in a cat’s body – loves people and attention. Declawed, so he needs to be inside 100% of the time. Great pet for a family or single person. Contact me (Alicia Reeves) for more information - firstname.lastname@example.org or 650-3415.
18. BABY CLOTHES AVAILABLE: Michelle Stevens has newborn boy clothes and girls clothes sizes 0-24 months she would like to pass on to someone who can use them. For more info, contact Michelle at email@example.com or 719-339-0195.
19. MOUNTAIN SHADOWS PLAYGROUND COMMUNITY BUILD: Would you like to spare a little elbow grease and help our community build the Mountain Shadows Playground at 5151 Flying W Ranch Rd? Volunteers are needed Aug. 23 & 24. Shifts run from 9 am-12 pm or 1-4 pm. Ages 12 and up are welcome. Bring your own work gloves, water, hat, sunscreen and snacks — no open-toed shoes. Register here. Questions? Call 719-385-6523.
20. INFO CHANGES: If you change your address, phone number, or email, please update your information in MemberHub.