Posted August 29, 2014
1. SERMON PREP: Pastor Dan Brown will be finishing his series from 1 Thessalonians this week. His sermon text for this week will be 1 Thessalonians 5:12-28. Pastor Doug will return to the pulpit next week. The read ahead for next week is Romans 12:1.
2. NEW SUNDAY SCHEDULE BEGINNING SEPT. 7:
8:00 – Kaleo Opens
8:40 – Kaleo Closes for Sunday School
8:40 – Begin dropping kids off for Sunday School
8:45 – Adult & Children Sunday School Begins
9:15 – Kaleo Re-opens
9:45 – Adult & Children Sunday School Concludes
9:45 – Fellowship Time
10:10 – Service Starts
Sept. 7 will also be promotion Sunday for Youth and Children’s Sunday School classes. If you are uncertain where you should take your child that morning, please contact Dan Brown (email@example.com).
3. CONGREGATIONAL MEETING: Please plan on attending FRAC’s congregational meeting this Sunday, Aug. 31 at 9:00 am. We will be voting on approval of the budget, as well as deaconess positions.
4. ANNUAL CHURCH PICNIC: Mark your calendars now for the annual FRAC picnic next Sunday, Sept. 7, after service, at Bear Creek Regional Park. Menu is: choice of sub or meatball sandwich, carrots, applesauce, chips, cookies, ice cream, and soda. Cost: ages 13-adult – $4; ages 4-12 – $2.50; 3 and under – free. Max per family: $20. Sign up here or at the Welcome Center on Sunday.
5. NEW ADULT SUNDAY SCHOOL CLASSES IN THE FALL:
- FRAC Talks: This is our brand new format that will begin with 15-25 minutes of teaching, followed by breaking into smaller “community groups” and discussing what was taught using discussion questions provided by the teacher. Each community group will have a leader and co-leader to help facilitate the discussion. Every 4-6 weeks the main teacher and topic will change, while the community groups will stay the same for the year. Doug Goodin will kick off the first six weeks of FRAC Talks with the topic “Knowing the Unknowable Love of God (Ephesians).”
- Cornerstone: Cornerstone will continue like it has for several years. It is based on a more traditional, lecture style format with a teacher covering a topic in 60 minutes. These teachers typically take a few questions at the end of their lecture. The topic and teacher in Cornerstone will rotate every 2-3 months. Dwight Brown will start it off by teaching on the subject, “Meant to Be Like Christ.”
Please SIGN UP HERE for the class you plan to attend.
6. Life Network Training: If you missed the volunteer training for Life Network last spring, you have another opportunity to be trained to help with this life saving organization. Training will be September 18-20 at their Galley location 3700 Galley Road. To attend, call Rose at 355-1189 to register, then complete the application you can download here: Life Network Volunteer Application
7. Help LifeSteps Change Seasons: LifeSteps will be changing all of the items in the Baby Boutique upstairs from summer to fall/winter things. They would love to have some extra hands to help sort and display the baby clothes or the new season. Come give a helping hand in the morning on September 23 or anytime during the day September 24.
8. MEN’S ANNOUNCEMENTS:
- Bible Study – Friday, 6:30 a.m., Room 117
- Prayer Meeting – Saturday, 7:30–8:30 a.m., Library
9. WOMEN’S ANNOUNCEMENTS:
- Ladies’ Bible Study - We are getting ramped up for another great year of Bible study in the book of Philippians, beginning Sept. 9 & 10. This year the evening Bible study group will meet on Wednesday nights at 6:30. Morning Bible study will remain on Tuesdays at 9 a.m. Books are available now or on the first day of class. (First lesson does not need to be done until the second week of class.) Sign up here or at the Welcome Center!
- Quilting Group - Do you enjoy quilting, sewing or other hand projects? The next meeting will be Thursday, August 28 at 7 p.m. For the location and more information, please contact Cori at 719-314-8471 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Mark Your Calendars! – Ladies, you will not want to miss our Fall Conference here at FRAC, Oct. 10-11. “Transforming Hope: A Journey from Sin” is the title of the conference, and will be presented by our very own Linda Graf. Mark your calendars now!
10. YOUTH ANNOUNCEMENTS:
- Wednesday Night Youth – At FRAC from 6:30-8:15 pm in the Youth Room.
11. IGNITE: College and Career group. During the summer, Ignite will meet in varied locations for service projects and fun activities. Contact Tyler Curtis at email@example.com for more info.
12. VENTURERS: Venturers, a Bible study for Senior Adults, normally meets on Thursday mornings from 9-10:30 a.m., in Room 112. Contact Martha Ramage at firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.
13. SONS: Usually meets the 4th Saturday of each month at 7:30 a.m. in Room 112. More information can be found here.
14. AMAZON SMILE: Would you like to help support FRAC as you make your purchases on Amazon? We have set up an Amazon Smile account that will donate a portion of your purchase amounts to our church. Go to smile.amazon.com and log in with your regular Amazon account login. Be sure to change the charity you are supporting to Front Range Alliance Church!
15. INFO CHANGES: If you change your address, phone number, or email, please update your information in MemberHub.