Posted April 25, 2014
1. SERMON PREP: Pastor Douglas Goodin will be preaching this Sunday on “The Hope of Israel, Part 4.” The text Romans 11:25-32. The read ahead for next week is the same passage.
2. CONGREGATIONAL MEETING: There will be a congregational meeting on Sunday, May 18, at 6:00 p.m. Please mark your calendars and plan to be attend.
3. CHANGE 25: Things are beginning to ramp up with our Youth fundraising for Change 25. (Change 25: our goal to raise funds to provide at least 25 camp scholarships for unchurched kids for the Eagle Lake On Location summer day camp that will be held at FRAC June 23-27.) Here are some ways you can be involved:
- Sunday Morning Pastries and Such – Look for the table in the foyer every Sunday for an opportunity to purchase homemade breakfast items and pastries and in support of Change 25.
- FRAC Garage Sale - Save the date of June 7 for the annual FRAC Garage Sale. All proceeds will go toward the funds the Youth are raising for the Change 25 scholarships. The church basement is ready to receive your donations now!
4. CORNERSTONE CLASSES (Adult Education) Sundays, 8:30 a.m. - We will be doing something a little different for the next 11 weeks in our Cornerstone classes. You may select one book to read from the list below then come together with others reading the same book for discussion each Sunday morning, May 4 – July 13. Here are your options:
- Mission of Motherhood, led by Kate McLinden (ladies only)
- Smart Money, Smart Kids, led by Rick Stevens
- Secret Thoughts of an Unlikely Convert, led by Alicia Reeves (ladies only)
We need you to sign up for the book you choose, so that appropriate room space can be selected for each group. You will also need to get a copy of the book on your own, whether online, from a bookstore, or from a library.
5. YOUTH ANNOUNCEMENTS:
- Wednesday Night Youth, 6:30 p.m., Youth Room
6. EAGLE LAKE ON LOCATION CAMPER REGISTRATION: You may now go online to register your children for Eagle Lake on Location here at FRAC, June 23-27. If you have questions about this process, please contact the church office.
7. EAGLE LAKE ON LOCATION SERVICE OPPORTUNITIES: We need you!!! Volunteer to help during the Eagle Lake on Location camp here at FRAC June 23-27. Click here for ways you can serve. There is also a need for homes for the Eagle Lake counselors to stay in during the camp. Click here to sign up to be a host family.
8. IGNITE: College and Career group usually meets every Saturday at 6 p.m (5:30 p.m. for prayer) at the Franck’s home. Contact Phil Schreifels at firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.
9. VENTURERS: Venturers, a Bible study for Senior Adults, normally meets on Thursday mornings from 9-10:30 a.m., in Room 216. Contact Martha Ramage at email@example.com for more info.
10. MEN’S ANNOUNCEMENTS:
- Bible Study – Friday, 6:30 a.m., Room 117
- Prayer Meeting – Saturday, 7:30–8:30 a.m., Library
11. WOMEN’S ANNOUNCEMENTS:
- Quilting Group – Do you enjoy quilting, sewing or other hand projects? The next meeting will be Thursday, May 22 at 7 p.m. For the location and more information, please contact Cori at 719-314-8471 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
12. MEXICO SHORT-TERM MINISTRY OPPORTUNITY (JUNE 7-14): FRAC will be sending a short-term mission team to Ciudad Juarez, Mexico, to help with construction at Bethel Church. We are raising $5000 to help with the equipment that this team will use as they work in Juarez. If you would like to contribute toward this ministry, please mark your check “Mexico Ministry” and drop it in the offering plate, or bring it by the church office.
13. RESEEDING AND MULCHING AT FLYING W: Want to be a good neighbor? Join us on Friday, May 16, as we assist with reseeding and mulching areas of Flying W Ranch that were burned in the Waldo Canyon Fire. Come to the church at 9:30 a.m. for free Kaleo coffee and bagels, then we’ll head over as a group to work at the ranch until 3 p.m. Kids ages 10 and up are welcome, but under 16 must have a designated chaperone present. For more information and to sign up, click here or contact the office.
14. KALEO COFFEE: Be aware that coffee service will close promptly at 9:52 a.m. so you won’t be late to the Worship Service.
15. BABY SHOWER: There will be a baby shower on Monday, May 12, in honor of the birth of Nolan Jarrett. Please come out and show your love to Lisa and the Jarrett family. Watch for more info in your foyer box soon.
16. STAMP MINISTRY: Were you aware that canceled stamps can be donated, and that the income from the sales goes to support preparation, publishing and distribution of a Spanish language curriculum for Sunday Schools in many countries? Look for the stamp donation box by the foyer boxes, just to the right of the main Sanctuary entrance. Thank you!
17. BABY ITEMS NEEDED: “After going 13 years without a baby boy, Michelle Stevens would greatly appreciate any used boy items you no longer need. ”Specifically, we could use socks, onesies, cotton pants, cotton sleepers, including cotton bag-type sleepers, cloth bibs, the pocket-type wipe-off bibs, burp cloths, crib mobile, and a crib bumper pad. Please e-mail me at email@example.com if you have anything to pass along. Thanks.” They are expecting their new son by early May.
18. SONS: Usually meets the 4th Saturday of each month at 7:30 a.m. in Room 112. More information can be found here.
19. POSITION AVAILABLE: The Alliance has a position open at the National Office here in CO Springs for a Web Developer. More information is available here.
20. INFO CHANGES: If you change your address, phone number, or email, please update your information in MemberHub.