Posted April 18, 2014
HE IS RISEN! As we celebrate the resurrection of our Lord Jesus Christ this Sunday, you are invited to join us for breakfast at 8:30 a.m. Everyone is welcome! The nursery will open at 9:30 a.m. Our worship service will begin at 10:00 a.m. Come and rejoice with us!
GOOD FRIDAY SERVICE – 7:00 p.m.
1. SERMON PREP: Pastor Douglas Goodin will be preaching this Sunday on “Jesus Is Alive! So Stay Strong, Steady, and Superabounding.” The text is I Corinthians 15:58. Next week we return to the study of Romans 11:25-26, looking at Isaiah 27.
2. CHANGE 25: Things are beginning to ramp up with our Youth fundraising for Change 25. (Change 25: our goal to raise funds to provide at least 25 camp scholarships for unchurched kids for the Eagle Lake On Location summer day camp that will be held at FRAC June 23-27.) Here are some ways you can be involved:
- Sunday Morning Pastries and Such – Look for the table in the foyer every Sunday for an opportunity to purchase homemade breakfast items and pastries and in support of Change 25.
- FRAC Garage Sale - Save the date of June 7 for the annual FRAC Garage Sale. All proceeds will go toward the funds the Youth are raising for the Change 25 scholarships. The church basement is ready to receive your donations now!
3. CORNERSTONE CLASSES (Adult Education) Sundays, 8:30 a.m.
- The Rest of Life: taught by Bob Franck. This class will run through the end of April. Bob is addressing the importance of rest, which is rooted in the being of God, and the practice of rest. Room 112
4. YOUTH ANNOUNCEMENTS:
- Wednesday Night Youth, 6:30 p.m., Youth Room
5. EAGLE LAKE ON LOCATION CAMPER REGISTRATION: You may now go online to register your children for Eagle Lake on Location here at FRAC, June 23-27. If you have questions about this process, please contact the church office.
6. EAGLE LAKE ON LOCATION SERVICE OPPORTUNITIES: Opportunities to serve this summer at our Eagle Lake On Location day camp abound! Click here for ways you can serve. There is also a need for homes for the Eagle Lake counselors to stay in during the camp. Click here to sign up to be a host family.
7. IGNITE: College and Career group usually meets every Saturday at 6 p.m (5:30 p.m. for prayer) at the Franck’s home. Contact Phil Schreifels at firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.
8. VENTURERS: Venturers, a Bible study for Senior Adults, normally meets on Thursday mornings from 9-10:30 a.m., in Room 216. Contact Martha Ramage at email@example.com for more info.
9. MEN’S ANNOUNCEMENTS:
- Bible Study – Friday, 6:30 a.m., Room 117
- Prayer Meeting – Saturday, 7:30–8:30 a.m., Library
10. WOMEN’S ANNOUNCEMENTS:
- Quilting Group – Do you enjoy quilting, sewing or other hand projects? The next meeting will be Thursday, April 24 at 7 p.m. For the location and more information, please contact Cori at 719-314-8471 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
11. LIFE NETWORK: As we move forward with our partnership with Life Network, you will have the opportunity to volunteer in a variety of ways. Training is required. We are holding a training session here at FRAC on April 24-26 (April 24 & 25 will be in the evening; 26 will be during the day). There is more than one step to the application process, so don’t wait to begin. Click here to fill out the application.
12. MEXICO SHORT-TERM MINISTRY OPPORTUNITY (JUNE 7-14): FRAC will be sending a short-term mission team to Ciudad Juarez, Mexico, to help with construction at Bethel Church. We are raising $5000 to help with the equipment that this team will use as they work in Juarez. If you would like to contribute toward this ministry, please mark your check “Mexico Ministry” and drop it in the offering plate, or bring it by the church office.
13. RESEEDING AND MULCHING AT FLYING W: Want to be a good neighbor? Join us on Friday, May 16, as we assist with reseeding and mulching areas of Flying W Ranch that were burned in the Waldo Canyon Fire. Come to the church at 9:30 a.m. for free Kaleo coffee and bagels, then we’ll head over as a group to work at the ranch until 3 p.m. Kids ages 10 and up are welcome, but under 16 must have a designated chaperone present. For more information and to sign up, click here or contact the office.
14. KALEO COFFEE: Be aware that coffee service will close promptly at 9:52 a.m. so you won’t be late to the Worship Service.
15. STAMP MINISTRY: Were you aware that canceled stamps can be donated, and that the income from the sales goes to support preparation, publishing and distribution of a Spanish language curriculum for Sunday Schools in many countries? Look for the stamp donation box by the foyer boxes, just to the right of the main Sanctuary entrance. Thank you!
16. BABY ITEMS NEEDED: “After going 13 years without a baby boy, Michelle Stevens would greatly appreciate any used boy items you no longer need. ”Specifically, we could use socks, onesies, cotton pants, cotton sleepers, including cotton bag-type sleepers, cloth bibs, the pocket-type wipe-off bibs, burp cloths, crib mobile, and a crib bumper pad. Please e-mail me at email@example.com if you have anything to pass along. Thanks.” They are expecting their new son by early May.
17. SONS: Usually meets the 4th Saturday of each month at 7:30 a.m. in Room 112. More information can be found here.
18. MEALS FOR THE HULLS: If you would like to help provide meals for Derick and Carrie Hull and their family, please sign up here. Thank you.
19. INFO CHANGES: If you change your address, phone number, or email, please update your information in MemberHub.