Posted October 17, 2014
1. SERMON PREP: Pastor Doug Goodin will be preaching this week continuing his study through the book of Romans. The title for his sermon is “Don’t Be a Casual Christian”, and the text will be Romans 12:11. The read ahead for next week is Romans 12:12a.
2. FRAC FALL FESTIVAL NEEDS: Individually wrapped candy, booth leaders, more volunteers! INVITE your friends and neighbors by picking up some door hanger invitations at the Welcome Center.
3. FRAC FOUNDATIONS: If you are new to Front Range Alliance and would like to learn more about what we believe and how this church functions the FRAC Foundations class will be offered again beginning October 26th. This 5-week class, taught by Pastor Doug Goodin, is required for church membership, but all are welcome to attend just to learn more about who we are. You can signup online here: FRAC Foundations Registration or contact the office if you have questions.
4. BAPTISM: If you would like to follow our Lord in baptism or would just like more information about it, contact Ben Fisk at Ben@frontrangealliance.org.
5. SMALL GROUPS: FRAC small groups get together on a regular basis for fellowship, bible study, and godly interaction. These groups are a great opportunity to practice all the “one another’s” found in the New Testament. If you would like to be part of a small group or just get more information, contact Ben Fisk at Ben@frontrangealliance.org or by calling the office.
6. ADULT SUNDAY SCHOOL CLASSES: If you miss a week, recordings of Cornerstone and FRAC Talks classes are available here on the website Adult Sunday School Recordings
7. CAMERA OPERATORS NEEDED: We will now be recording the weekly sermons in HD for higher quality, and are in need of additional camera operators for Sunday Mornings. If you would like to help the A/V Ministry this way, please contact Ben Fisk at Ben@frontrangealliance.org
8. LIFESTEPS NEEDS – Bless the families that LifeSteps is mentoring by donating supplies for the Baby Boutique. They are currently in need of baby shampoo, baby lotion and baby powder, and Desitin. You can drop off your donations at the office. They are also still in need of more Saturday Greeters. Let the office know if you’re available to help occasionally on Saturdays for about 3 hours to open the door and greet the families as they arrive.
9. MEN’S ANNOUNCEMENTS:
- Bible Study – Friday, 6:30 a.m., Room 117
- Prayer Meeting – Saturday, 7:30–8:30 a.m., Library
- Men’s Advance! Game Night: Friday, October 17, 6:00 p.m. Bring $3 for pizza and either a snack or drinks to share, your favorite board game or game system, and friends or family. Signup at the Welcome Center or by emailing Caleb Baker at email@example.com
10. WOMEN’S ANNOUNCEMENTS:
- Ladies’ Bible Study – Ladies’ come and meet with others to dig into God’s Word on Tuesday morning at 9:30am or Wednesday night at 6:30pm. You are welcome to still join. Information at the Welcome Center.
- Quilting Group - Do you enjoy quilting, sewing or other hand projects? The quilters meet the 4th Thursday of every month at 7 p.m. For the location and more information, please contact Cori at 719-314-8471 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
11. BABY SHOWER: For Katie Schriefels on October 21, 7:00pm. Katie is expecting a girl on Dec. 9, and is registered at Amazon. Her nursery is decorated in black & white polka dots, hot pink, and elephants. Katie also needs diapers, she prefers Pampers, in sizes Newborn through 2.
12. YOUTH ANNOUNCEMENTS:
- Great Pumpkin Chase – Save the date! November 7th. One of our biggest outreaches of the year. Invite your friends now! More details coming soon.
- Wednesday Night Youth – At FRAC from 6:30-8:15 pm in the Youth Room.
- Sunday Night Sr. High Bible Study this week - 5:00pm at the Browns.
13. IGNITE: College and Career group. IGNITE meets on Saturdays from 6-9pm, at the Francks. Come at 6pm for food, fellowship, and fun.Contact Tyler Curtis at email@example.com for more information.
14. VENTURERS: Venturers, a Bible study for Senior Adults, normally meets on Thursday mornings from 9-10:30 a.m., in Room 112. Contact Martha Ramage at firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.
15. SONS: Usually meets the 4th Saturday of each month at 7:30 a.m. in Room 112. More information can be found here.
16. JOB OPENING WITH THE C&MA The Christian and Missionary Alliance (C&MA) is seeking an experienced administrative assistant to serve at the C&MA National Office in Colorado Springs. If interested, please see job posting and submit an application at: http://www.cmalliance.org/jobs/national-office/employment/administrative-assistant-church-ministries-national-office-co
17. TEMPORARY WORKERS NEEDED: Colorado Communications is working with CitizenLink to launch a short term call center effort for the month of Oct. There are several paid positions available for those interested in something short term. The pay rate for this position is $10/hr. Here is the link to the online application.
18. 2014 COLORADO VOTERS GUIDES: We have received some 2014 Election Voter’s Guides from Colorado Family Action. They are available at the Welcome Center.
19. AMAZON SMILE: Would you like to help support FRAC as you make your purchases on Amazon? We have set up an Amazon Smile account that will donate a portion of your purchase amounts to our church. Go to smile.amazon.com and log in with your regular Amazon account login. Be sure to change the charity you are supporting to Front Range Alliance Church!
20. INFO CHANGES: If you change your address, phone number, or email, please update your information in MemberHub.