Posted July 18, 2014
1. SERMON PREP: Pastor Dan Brown will be teaching us now through August. His sermon text for this week will be 1 Thessalonians 2:1-8. The read ahead for next week is 1 Thessalonians 2:9-20.
2. COME JOIN US!: Through August 31, there will a prayer meeting led by Jon Mapstone and Ron Green each Sunday from 8:45-9:30 a.m. in Room 116. Come join us as we lift prayer and praise to our God. No adult or children’s Sunday School classes will be meeting during this time. No sign-up is required for attending the prayer meeting. Kaleo Coffee will open at 8:30 on these mornings. Here is the schedule of what we will pray for during the remaining weeks:
- July 27: Church Leadership – Elders, Deacons, Deaconesses, Ministry Leaders
- Aug. 3: FRAC Body
- Aug. 10: Missions – Alliance and Non-Alliance Missionaries supported by FRAC
- Aug. 17: Our Nation – President, Congress, Laws, Current Affairs
- Aug. 24: Unsaved Family and Friends
Please contact Ron Green at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions. You can also submit prayer requests at this email and let him know if you’d like them to be kept anonymous.
3. VACATION BIBLE SCHOOL! (July 28-Aug. 1, 6-8 pm): SonTreasure Island! Plan on joining us for this fun, free, week-long evening outreach. Ages 4-12 are invited to attend, so tell your friends and neighbors! Register for VBS here!
4. VBS SUPPLIES NEEDED: We are looking for craft and decoration items for our tropical island themed VBS week. If you have any of the following you are willing to donate or loan please let us know or drop them off at the office as soon as possible: *Empty 16 oz. Water bottles *Dried beans or peas *Yarn and ribbon *Glass rocks, “jewels” *Shells: small or medium sized *Colored tissue paper *fake or inflatable palm trees *beach items (pails, beach balls, palm fronds, etc) *stuffed parrot *small inflatable wading pool *treasure chest
5. VBS VOLUNTEER TRAINING: If you signed up to help with VBS, please plan on attending the volunteer training session on Sunday, July 27, immediately following the service. Lunch will be provided.
6. NEW COVENANT SCHOOL OF THEOLOGY: New semester begins August 4. The first class is “God the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.” Examine the doctrine of the trinity, including the attributes of God the Father, the deity and humanity of God the Son, and the work of the Holy Spirit in the life of the believer. Class meets for 4 weeks on Monday and Tuesday evenings from 5:30-8:20pm. Visit the first 2 classes for free. Register Here: NCST Class Registration
7. NEW ADULT SUNDAY SCHOOL CLASSES IN THE FALL:
- FRAC Talks: This is our brand new format that will begin with 15-25 minutes of teaching, followed by breaking into smaller “community groups” and discussing what was taught using discussion questions provided by the teacher. Each community group will have a leader and co-leader to help facilitate the discussion. Every 4-6 weeks the main teacher and topic will change, while the community groups will stay the same for the year.
- Cornerstone: Cornerstone will continue like it has for several years. It is based on a more traditional, lecture style format with a teacher covering a topic in 60 minutes. These teachers typically take a few questions at the end of their lecture. The topic and teacher in Cornerstone will rotate every 2-3 months.
Please SIGN UP HERE for the class you plan to attend.
8. MEN’S ANNOUNCEMENTS:
- Bible Study – Friday, 6:30 a.m., Room 117
- Prayer Meeting – Saturday, 7:30–8:30 a.m., Library
9. WOMEN’S ANNOUNCEMENTS:
- Quilting Group - Do you enjoy quilting, sewing or other hand projects? The next meeting will be Thursday, August 28 at 7 p.m. For the location and more information, please contact Cori at 719-314-8471 or email@example.com.
10. YOUTH ANNOUNCEMENTS:
- Wednesday Night Youth, Pinon Valley Park – 6-8:15 p.m.
- Youth Summer Volleyball: Thursdays at FRAC from 10-11:30 a.m. Bring money for optional lunch afterward, if interested.
11. IGNITE: College and Career group. During the summer, Ignite will meet in varied locations for service projects and fun activities. Contact Phil Schreifels at firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.
12. VENTURERS: Venturers, a Bible study for Senior Adults, normally meets on Thursday mornings from 9-10:30 a.m., in Room 112. Contact Martha Ramage at email@example.com for more info.
13. LIBRARY BOOK REVIEW: Finally Alive by John Piper. Dwight Brown, in his sermon three weeks ago, highly recommended this book as of great importance for all to read. Following is a brief overview from Amazon:
14. NEEDS OF THE BODY: Jeff Brodsky needs a small window air conditioner for his apartment. Please contact Jeff at firstname.lastname@example.org if you can help.
15. POSITIONS AVAILABLE: The CMA National Office has an open positions for an executive assistant and two part-time administrative assistants. Click here for more information.
16. SONS: Usually meets the 4th Saturday of each month at 7:30 a.m. in Room 112. More information can be found here.
17. VILLAGE 7 ARTS PRESENTS “CATS”: An evening of family entertainment drawn from the delightful verse of T.S. Eliot and set to the music of Andrew Lloyd Weber. Village 7 Presbyterian Church, July 31, August 1, 2,7 8, 9 at 7:00pm. Benefits Compassion International. Tickets available at www.v7pc.org/cats
18. INFO CHANGES: If you change your address, phone number, or email, please update your information in MemberHub.