Posted September 19, 2014
1. SERMON PREP: Pastor Doug Goodin will be preaching this week continuing his study through the book of Romans. The text for this week will be Romans 12:3-8. The read ahead for next week is Romans 12:9.
2. SUNDAY SCHEDULE:
8:00 – Kaleo Opens
8:40 – Kaleo Closes for Sunday School
8:40 – Begin dropping kids off for Sunday School
8:45 – Adult & Children Sunday School Begins
9:15 – Kaleo Re-opens
9:45 – Adult & Children Sunday School Concludes
9:45 – Fellowship Time
10:10 – Service Starts
3. FRAC FALL FESTIVAL: It’s time to get ready for our Annual Fall Festival Outreach event and there are a lot of ways you can be involved! Please go to the Fall Festival Volunteer Signup form and let us know how you’d like to help.
4. BAPTISM: If you would like to follow our Lord in baptism or would just like more information about it, contact Ben Fisk at Ben@frontrangealliance.org.
5. SMALL GROUPS: FRAC small groups get together on a regular basis for fellowship, bible study, and godly interaction. These groups are a great opportunity to practice all the “one another’s” found in the New Testament. If you would like to be part of a small group or just get more information, contact Ben Fisk at Ben@frontrangealliance.org or by calling the office.
6. ADULT SUNDAY SCHOOL CLASSES: If you missed last week it’s not too late to join us one of our adult Sunday School classes. Information at the Welcome Center.
- FRAC Talks: This is our brand new format that will begin with 15-25 minutes of teaching, followed by breaking into smaller “community groups” and discussing what was taught using discussion questions provided by the teacher. Each community group will have a leader and co-leader to help facilitate the discussion. Every 4-6 weeks the main teacher and topic will change, while the community groups will stay the same for the year. Doug Goodin will kick off the first six weeks of FRAC Talks with the topic “Knowing the Unknowable Love of God (Ephesians).”
- Cornerstone: Cornerstone will continue like it has for several years. It is based on a more traditional, lecture style format with a teacher covering a topic in 60 minutes. These teachers typically take a few questions at the end of their lecture. The topic and teacher in Cornerstone will rotate every 2-3 months. Dwight Brown will start it off by teaching on the subject, “Meant to Be Like Christ.”
7. LifeSteps Needs: We are thankful to be part of saving lives sharing the gospel by hosting the LifeSteps Mentoring program here in our building. There are other ways to help even if you are able to be an official LifeSteps volunteer.
- Saturday Greeter: LifeSteps meets with clients here on Saturday from 10-1 and is in need of someone to be downstairs in the office to open the door and greet the families as they arrive. FRAC would like to have a team of people willing to be here 1 Saturday a month for 3 hours to be a friendly face. In between guests you can read or have some quiet time to yourself. If you’d be interested in serving this way, please contact the office for details.
- Change Seasons: LifeSteps will be changing all of the items in the Baby Boutique upstairs from summer to fall/winter things. They would love to have some extra hands to help sort and display the baby clothes or the new season. Come give a helping hand in the morning on September 23 or anytime during the day September 24. Volunteer Training not required.
8. MEN’S ANNOUNCEMENTS:
- Bible Study – Friday, 6:30 a.m., Room 117
- Prayer Meeting – Saturday, 7:30–8:30 a.m., Library
9. WOMEN’S ANNOUNCEMENTS:
- Ladies’ Bible Study – Ladies’ come and meet with others to dig into God’s Word on Tuesday morning at 9:30am or Wednesday night at 6:30pm. It’s not too late to join. Information at the Welcome Center.
- Mark Your Calendars! – Register now for the Women’s Fall Conference here at FRAC, Oct. 10-11. “Transforming Hope: A Journey from Bitterness” is the title of the conference, and will be presented by our very own Linda Graf. Cost is $35 and includes Friday evening dessert, Saturday lunch, and a copy of Linda’s book. Register Online Here: Transforming Hope Conference Registration.
- Quilting Group - Do you enjoy quilting, sewing or other hand projects? The next meeting will be Thursday, August 28 at 7 p.m. For the location and more information, please contact Cori at 719-314-8471 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
10. YOUTH ANNOUNCEMENTS:
- Wednesday Night Youth – At FRAC from 6:30-8:15 pm in the Youth Room.
- Sunday Night Sr. High Bible Study - This week Sr. High will meet at Graf’s from 5-8pm
11. IGNITE: College and Career group. IGNITE will be looking at 2 Peter 1:1-11 this upcoming Saturday. We will be discussing how we can encourage growth in the body of Christ. Meeting at the Franck’s house. Dinner starts at 6pm. Contact Tyler Curtis at email@example.com for more information.
12. VENTURERS: Venturers, a Bible study for Senior Adults, normally meets on Thursday mornings from 9-10:30 a.m., in Room 112. Contact Martha Ramage at firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.
13. HYMN SING — YOU’RE INVITED! Bob and Martha Ramage are hosting a family style hymn-sing and you are invited! They will provide drinks and a snack, but would appreciate anyone coming to contribute a snack as well so there’s enough for everyone. Feel free to invite others who enjoy the hymns. Please RSVP to Martha email@example.com or 719-528-1702 so they can plan accordingly.Date and Time: Sunday, September 21, 7:00pm Place: Ramage’s Home: 9586 Otero Ave, CS 80920
15. AMAZON SMILE: Would you like to help support FRAC as you make your purchases on Amazon? We have set up an Amazon Smile account that will donate a portion of your purchase amounts to our church. Go to smile.amazon.com and log in with your regular Amazon account login. Be sure to change the charity you are supporting to Front Range Alliance Church!
16. INFO CHANGES: If you change your address, phone number, or email, please update your information in MemberHub.