As we come to the end of 2013, the Lord has blessed us with four opportunities to contribute toward expanding His kingdom and blessing His people. Please ask Him how He might have you give.
The Alliance Year-End Offering: Your gift to the Alliance Year-End Offering will enable Alliance and CAMA workers to expand their ministries and establish long-term communities of faith in the world’s most hopeless places. There are brochures from The Alliance in your foyer boxes this Sunday. Please mark checks “CMA Year-End.”
Missionary Giving: FRAC supports some who serve through The Alliance, but also seven non-Alliance missionaries. Most of the latter are those who have gone out from our church body. This gift goes to those seven non-Alliance missionaries. Please mark your checks “FRAC Missionaries.”
Life Network: Life Network, our local Pregnancy center, has an opportunity to lease space and open a clinic adjacent to Colorado Spring’s only remaining abortion clinic. That location is off of Centennial Ave., not far from our church building and they are looking to raise capital for this move. For more information about this opportunity, click here. Checks must be made out to Life Network.
Front Range Alliance Church General Fund: Our General Fund is $23,398 behind the budgeted amount for this time of the year. Please give as the Lord leads you to help make up this shortfall so ministry here can continue as planned.
Posted December 11, 2013
1. SERMON PREP: Pastor Doug Goodin will be preaching this Sunday. The sermon title is Advent Series-3. The text will be Isaiah 9:6-7. The read ahead for next week is Isaiah 9:6-7.
2. THERE WILL BE NO SUNDAY SCHOOL CLASSES ON DEC. 29: This applies to both adult and children’s classes. Kaleo Coffee will open at 9 a.m.
3. CORNERSTONE CLASS: (Sundays at 8:30 a.m.) THERE WILL BE NO CLASSES ON DEC. 29.
- My Story in the Big Story, taught by Dan Brown. Room 112. This class goes through Dec. 22.
- God’s Design for Marriage, led by Ken Hubbard. This class is designed with young married people in mind, but open to all. Room 209. God’s Design for Marriage will not meet Dec. 22.
Beginning Jan. 5, Derick Hull will lead the Cornerstone class “Dispatches from the Front.” You won’t want to miss this incredible missions series (new DVDs)!
4. YOUTH ANNOUNCEMENTS:
- Wednesday Night Youth – 6:30 – 8 p.m., Youth Room
- Sr. High Christmas Party – This Sunday, Dec. 15, from 5-8 p.m. at the home of Dave and Linda Graf.
- Jr. High Christmas Party – Friday, Dec. 20, from 5:15-8:15 p.m. at the home of Dari and Carole Moreno.
5. IGNITE: College and Career group usually meets every Saturday at 6 p.m (5:30 p.m. for prayer) at the Franck’s home. Contact Phil Schreifels at firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.
Ignite’s Christmas Party will be Saturday, Dec. 21, at 4 p.m. at FRAC in Room 112.
6. VENTURERS: Venturers, a Bible study for Senior Adults, normally meets on Thursday mornings from 9-10:30 a.m., in Room 216. Contact Martha Ramage at email@example.com for more info. Ventures will not meet during the month of Dec., but will resume Jan. 9.
7. MEN’S ANNOUNCEMENTS:
- Bible Study – Friday, 6:30 a.m., Room 117
- Prayer Meeting – Saturday, 7:30–8:30 a.m., Library
8. WOMEN’S ANNOUNCEMENTS:
- Quilting Group - Do you enjoy quilting, sewing or other hand projects? The next Quilting Group meeting will be Thursday, Dec. 12, at 7 p.m. at Cori Green’s home for a special service project. Please note that the schedule is different for the months of Nov. & Dec., with only this one meeting. The normal schedule of the meeting the fourth Thursday of the month will begin again in January. For more information, please contact Cori at 719-314-8471 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
9. KALEO COFFEE:
- On Dec. 29, Kaleo Coffee will open at 9 a.m., due to there being no Sunday school classes that morning.
- Be aware that coffee service will close promptly at 9:52 a.m. so you won’t be late to the Worship Service.
10. NEW YEAR’S EVE: There will not be a New Year’s Eve service this year.
11. SONS: Usually meets the 4th Saturday of each month at 7:30 a.m. in Room 112. In Dec., SONS will meet Saturday, Dec. 14 at 7:30 a.m. More information can be found here.
12. BABY BOTTLE CAMPAIGN: A few weeks ago, Diane Foley, from Life Network, came and shared with our church body on Sanctity of Life Sunday. That morning kicked off our Life Network Baby Bottle campaign, which will continue through the end of the year. When your bottle gets filled with change, bring it on a Sunday to the Welcome Center or the office during the week. If you would like another, more are available. Here’s a thought–you could take one to put on your desk at work. Great opportunity to share the work of Life Network with others and give them to chance to donate too!
13. MEALS FOR THE HULLS: If you would like to help provide meals for Derick and Carrie Hull and their family, please sign up here. Thank you.
14. INFO CHANGES: If you change your address, phone number, or email, please update your information in MemberHub.